Senior Multimedia Journalist
News12, Yonkers, NY, US, 10701
Work at News12
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
AUSA News is looking for an aggressive, self-starting Multimedia Journalist. The ideal candidate should be able to generate story ideas, develop sources, pursue leads, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. Must be able to shoot, write and edit clearly and creatively. Must also be capable of operating assigned camera and editing gear. We're looking for motivated local journalists willing to dive deeply into community issues and do stories that matter. Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
Must be able to shoot, write and edit clearly and creatively. Must also be capable of operating assigned camera and editing gear. We’re looking for motivated local journalists willing to dive deeply into community issues and do stories that matter. Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
- 4 - 5 years' full-time professional news reporting experience.
- Ability to work independently in a one-man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems - i.e., Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
- Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media.
- Expected to write web/digital copy for all stories.
- Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work inside a climate-controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to "breaking news".
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including skills and experience. The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in the posted location is $59,758.00 - $95,613.00 / year. The rate/range provided herein is the anticipated pay at the time of hire, and does not reflect future job opportunity.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
Creative Jobs For You
Security Officer Morning Museum/Library Patrol Officer
Allied Universal®, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States, 27611