VP Business Planning Field Operations & CTIO
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY, US, 11101
Work at Altice USA
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
Working closely with operations leadership, the VP Business Planning – Field Ops & CTIO will lead all FP&A for the company’s technology and operations divisions, including oversight of budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning activities. The successful leader in this role will be a proactive partner to business leadership to ensure successful delivery of operating and capital budget development and performance, as well as an inspiriting leader who can motivate and develop a high performing team.
- Leads the business planning team responsible for the development of operating and financial plans for the company’s Field Service, Infrastructure, Outside Plant, Support, Engineering, and IT functions.
- Oversees the budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning processes for functional areas, including active partnership with senior leaders and business planning teams to set, monitor, and deliver on operating budget performance.
- Responsible for financial management of the capital expenditure investment plan for functional areas, ensuring alignment with the enterprise strategy and growth plans.
- Leads the monthly forecasting and close process, including identification, communication and mitigation of variances to budget/forecast.
- Oversees all financial modeling for budgeting, financial analysis and ROI analysis; partners with Operations leadership to develop inputs and assumptions, validate reasonableness, and identify sensitivities and alternative scenarios.
- Leverages BI/analytics to drive informed, data-driven decisions on key actions and opportunities aimed at strengthening the company’s competitive position and operational and financial health.
- Manages monthly calendar and processes in support of financial plans and reporting deliverables; reviews with operations and corporate partners to ensure understanding of performance against goals and development of mitigation plans, as needed.
- Reviews all position requisitions, purchase orders, and expenditures, confirming alignment with budget.
- Partners closely with Accounting leadership for the proper accounting treatment of different financial transactions and decisions, as well as identification and adherence to SOX controls.
- Recruits, trains, manages, and mentors business planning team members.
- 12+ years of related Financial controller/business planning experience
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field. MBA preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities, and extensive experience with financial planning, forecasting, modeling, and data analysis
- Prior experience leading large teams with the ability to assess, engage, and develop talent
- Demonstrated belief in a growth mindset, with the ability to take on challenges and adopt effective problem-solving strategies.
- Ability to ‘tell the story’ and convert detailed analyses into executive level content
- Experience in telecommunications, media, and/or technology preferred
- Ability to operate seamlessly in a matrix organization
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to collaborate with and build effective business partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional MS Excel skills. Experience with Hyperion preferred.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
This position is identified as being performed in/or reporting to company operations in New York State. Salary ranges are supplied in compliance with New York State law. Pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including skills and experience. The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in the posted location is $200,000.00 - $237,500.00 /year. The rate/Range provided herein is the anticipated pay at the time of hire, and does not reflect future job opportunity.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
Home of the world’s best books.