News12, Bethpage, NY, US, 11714
Work at News12
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
- Responsible for all aspects of news coverage including, assignment editing, planning and logistics, on all platforms including social media.
- Supervise daily operations of the assignment desk.
- Provide leadership that encourages excellence.
- Recruit and hire assignment editors.
- Supervise short-term and long-term news coverage planning
- Supervise development and execution of series and specials
- Manage the schedules of reporters and photographers to meet coverage needs
- Supervise the scheduling of facilities and satellite time and the distribution of news gathering equipment
- Work with reporters to achieve editorial goals.
- Work with reporters to achieve goals for franchise coverage.
- Coach and train employees involved in news coverage
- Conduct reviews that are timely and effective.
- Deal with the public and with news sources to develop coverage of meaning to the viewers in the communities we serve
- Coordinate vendor activity, including stringers and wire services.
- Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate/contribute content across all platforms including social media.
- Plan and communicate effectively and make results happen.
- Work as a member of a team, respectful of fellow employees.
- Comply with Altice USA values, policies and procedures.
- Develop self.
- Management Skills
- Team building
- Personnel supervision
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify problems and seek solutions
- Organization and time management
- Technical/Functional Competencies
- Knowledge of television news gathering practices.
- Ability to coordinate news assignments and create plan for future coverage.
- Ability to coach staff.
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy.
- Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure
- Exceptional news judgment
- Extensive knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
- Extensive knowledge of Internet research tactics
- News writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media
- Knowledge of current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- Knowledge of news production techniques and demonstrated ability to develop engaging presentation
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift
- Key Experiences/Achievements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Eight years experience in television news gathering
- Four years supervisory experience preferred
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States