Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc., New York, NY USA
Work at Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc.
Salary: Compensation $70,000. Benefits include health/dental insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan, and commuter benefits. The advertised pay rate is not a promise of a particular wage for any specific employee. The specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, education, special licensing or qualifications, and other factors.
Salary max: $70,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation is seeking a dedicated content writer to join the marketing department and work across the organization crafting engaging content for our website, email marketing communications, promotional materials, fundraising decks, and additional institutional materials.
The right person for this role has a background in and/or a passion for dance. You are equally adept at writing short engaging content to promote upcoming performances as well as crafting heartfelt content that promotes the Ailey mission. You can draft compelling newsletter subject lines and are eager to contribute to our big-picture newsletter strategy. You will learn and maintain the institutional voice and ensure it is consistent across the organization. You also take a reader-centric approach to your work and are excited about better understanding how to reach Ailey’s various audience sectors.
The content writer is one of the leading voices for our organization. We are looking for someone who has strong copywriting and storytelling abilities along with sharp editing and proof-reading skills. This person should be open and willing to collaborate with colleagues across different teams throughout the organization, with an emphasis on marketing and development.
The Content Writer will report to the Editorial Content Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Write compelling headlines and body copy for all public email communications, including, but not limited to ticket promotions, fundraising appeals, monthly or quarterly newsletters, class promotions, invitations, and more
- Help to curate and strategize the outgoing email communications with key team members
- Work with the Editorial Content Manager to develop audience specific content for email campaigns, the website, blogposts, programs, brochures, fundraising materials, reports, and additional institutional materials
- Select and incorporate multi-media assets into finished digital projects when relevant
- Conduct in-depth research on related topics in order to develop compelling, original content
- Work closely with each department to ensure content is accurate and approved in a timely manner, meeting all assigned deadlines
- Proofread content for grammatical errors and institutional voice
- Edit and polish existing content to improve readability
- Concurrently manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Learn and maintain the Ailey institutional voice as well as uphold the Ailey brand across all written materials.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, or related field
- At least 4 years professional experience writing and copy editing in digital media
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and research skills
- Adept at writing engaging and concise headlines
- A basic understanding of SEO best practices and how to create content across various digital platforms
- Ability to adapt to the varying needs within the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft OneDrive
- A portfolio of written materials
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Efficient, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Effective communication skills
How to Apply:
Visit https://www.alvinailey.org/about/job-opportunities and click on the apply link below and upload one file (accepted formats include .doc, .docx, .txt, or .pdf) that contains the following items:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
- Contact information for two professional references
Applications will not be considered without these items.
No phone calls please.
About Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States