Marketing Automation & Engagement Manager
American Enterprise Institute, Washington, DC USA
Work at American Enterprise Institute
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Do you enjoy nurturing customers from casual website visitors into more engaged consumers? Are you passionate about finding creative ways to communicate with different audiences? Do you enjoy using data and technology to reveal customer insights? Would you relish the opportunity to collaborate with a talented group of marketing and communications professionals as well as public policy experts? Are you interested in the ideals of expanding freedom, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system? Apply to join our growing team!
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a public policy think tank in Washington, DC, seeks an entrepreneurial, strategic, and collaborative marketing professional to become our Marketing Automation & Engagement Manager. We are searching for someone enthusiastic about using marketing automation technology to promote customer engagement with AEI’s public policy ideas. The Marketing Automation & Engagement Manager will support AEI’s communications and outreach goals by developing and implementing audience-nurturing strategies and by guiding the development of the institute’s marketing automation system, Marketo.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include designing creative and robust audience-nurturing programs, such as lead-scoring and engagement programs; devising custom automated event and email programs; and strategically developing the institute’s use of our marketing automation system. We’re in our third year of implementation with our marketing platform and are looking for someone who’s ready to take us to the next level in our marketing efforts.
Qualified candidates should submit an online application at https://careers-aei.icims.com/jobs/1501/job, complete with a cover letter, resume, and transcripts.
- Develop strategic plans for audience nurturing to take AEI’s marketing to the next level
- Guide future development of our marketing platform with complex event programs, engagement programs, and lead scoring
- Collaborate with program and outreach staff and in-house design, digital, and editing professionals to translate business needs into custom email and event programs
- Design custom email templates that are compatible with Marketo using CSS and HTML
- Manage a marketing automation platform with over 60 users
- Train and mentor the Marketing Assistant and department interns
- Promote user adoption through mentoring existing marketing platform users and cultivating a team of power users embedded across AEI business and research departments
- Build relationships with our Marketo representative and local user group leaders
- Collaborate with the Salesforce Administrator on CRM integration
- Manage the marketing database and the Marketo-Salesforce sync
- Import or integrate contacts for lead-generation projects
- Design and build forms and landing pages using custom CSS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a similar field
- Three–five years of experience with a marketing automation system, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Deep, practical expertise in email marketing automation, including devising complex automated email programs
- Marketo Certified Expert credentials preferred but not required
- Demonstrated interest in developing new marketing initiatives
- Ability to translate sales-based marketing strategies into a nonprofit environment
- HTML and CSS experience
- Adobe Illustrator and Dreamweaver experience
- MS Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Self-starter and collaborative team player
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with both technical and nontechnical individuals
- Highly organized, service- and detail-oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Salesforce experience preferred but not required
- Interest in public policy and in the principles of expanding liberty, increasing opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system
About American Enterprise Institute
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is a public policy think tank dedicated to defending human dignity, expanding human potential, and building a freer and safer world. The work of its scholars and staff advances ideas rooted in a belief in democracy, free enterprise, American strength and global leadership, solidarity with those at the periphery of our society, and a pluralistic, entrepreneurial culture.
AEI is committed to making the intellectual, moral, and practical case for expanding freedom, increasing individual opportunity, and strengthening the free enterprise system in America and around the world. Its work explores ideas that further these goals, and AEI scholars take part in this pursuit with academic freedom. AEI operates independently of any political party and has no institutional positions. Its scholars’ conclusions are fueled by rigorous, data-driven research and broad-ranging evidence.
Want to learn more about American Enterprise Institute? Visit American Enterprise Institute's website.
Here you can see your future.