Conference Program Manager
Arizent, New York City, NY USA
A Platform for Professionals to Lead
Salary: Competitive with Benefits
Salary min: $70,000
Salary max: $80,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Arizent’s mission is to advance professional communities across a variety of today’s most transformational industries, including Financial Services. We do this by uncovering powerful ideas, rallying industry leaders around them, and benchmarking their progress. Our services include the distribution of powerful content across digital channels, as well as making meaningful connections through our live events and peer networks. If you’re interested in an organization that combines a storied 150-year legacy with a start-up mentality, we invite you to get to know us: www.arizent.com.
We are currently seeking a Conference Programmer who will take full ownership and responsibility for delivery of a portfolio of 6 to 8 US-based in-person and virtual events annually. You will work closely with colleagues in the events team along with editorial staff and advisory committees to develop and implement compelling agendas for senior executives and professional advisors. This position involves content programming role, not event operations. Experience programming content in the banking, financial services, and insurance industry is a plus.
- Recruiting high-level industry speakers to speak at these events
- Collaborate with Editorial Teams and Advisory Committees for content plan development
- Researching and writing compelling program agendas.
- Working closely with Event Management and Business Development to provide market intelligence, leads, and other useful information on all events within the portfolio to help achieve agreed revenue targets for each event.
- Building strong relationships with senior-level speakers and sponsors
- Managing the delivery of the event along with Event Management
- Researching and specifying the audience for the events alongside our dedicated in-house marketing team.
- Facilitating research and validating new event ideas to grow and develop the portfolio further.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ conference programming experience (not meeting planning) with high-profile business-to-business conferences
- Ability to write and communicate effectively and succinctly
- Ability to work in and succeed in a matrix environment
- Ability to work in and succeed in a fast-pace and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel domestically
- Previous experience in editorial and reporter roles is highly desirable
- Familiarity with virtual events platforms is not necessary but desirable
- Knowledge of banking, financial services, and the insurance industry is a plus but not required
- Bachelor's degree is ideal, preferably in Marketing, Journalism, or Business. Advanced degree desirable
Arizent is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, height and weight, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applicants are invited to state their salary expectations in their cover letter. Salary determination will be based on a combination of factors such as the candidate's work experience, knowledge, and skills, and geographical location. Our generous benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance. In addition to holiday pay, we offer parental leave, paid vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days. A 401k program; a pretax transportation payment program and a fitness reimbursement program.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to welcoming diverse and talented individuals to our team!
Arizent is a business information company empowering people in financial and professional services to lead. Delivering unmatched news and insights, market research, actionable data and unparalleled networking opportunities, Arizent is an ally for advancement, helping industry leaders build effective strategies and drive their businesses forward.
Want to learn more about Arizent? Visit Arizent's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States