Manager and Producer, Executive Communications
ASME, New York, NY USA
Work at ASME
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We are seeking a Manager/Producer, Executive Communications to join our Executive Communications team. This individual will be the primary staff member within the Communications department responsible for producing strategic communications materials on behalf of key Society leaders and executive management, including: special visual presentations, videos, podcasts and remarks; articles and other written work for publication under executive by-line; high-level correspondence; and others. Responsibilities will include creation of materials for top-level institutional events, conferences and public functions. Incumbent will also research, conceptualize, oversee design and serve as senior editor and copywriter for essential ASME communications, as well as for other special projects for use by ASME’s executive staff and volunteer leadership.
This role requires a Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Journalism or related field (or additional equivalent work experience) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a communications environment, with a focus on writing, editing and production of executive communications and presentations. Candidate must have a proven track record of demonstrating knowledge, excellence and practical experience in the following technical and professional skills and competencies:
- Excellent writer who excels at distilling complex technical subjects into inspiring written content to support and advance institutional priorities and strategic goals
- Experienced video and podcast producer able to tell stories visually
- Solid understanding of producing videos/online events; Vast knowledge of video motion and graphics production and able to translate these concepts to the video editor
- Creative and meticulous design sense needed to produce visually engaging and informative visual presentations for executive leadership
- Self-starter, able to work independently to create clear, compelling, accurate and persuasive presentations, articles, letters, speeches and other communications products for a variety of technically savvy, culturally diverse, and sophisticated audiences
- Strong ability to acquire, synthesize and convey a range of technically complex subjects, including advanced manufacturing, energy, emerging and enduring technologies, and others
- Excellent editorial judgment, combined with the ability to anticipate coming departmental needs and priorities and the ability to think and behave proactively
ASME is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At ASME, we nurture an inclusive environment, and we encourage, support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, or protected veteran, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy pertains to every aspect of an individual’s relationship with the organization, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training and development, promotion, programs, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
ASME requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine or be approved for an exemption based on a legally required accommodation.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
ASME helps the global engineering community develop solutions to real world challenges. Founded in 1880 as The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME is a nonprofit professional organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development across all engineering disciplines, while promoting the vital role of the engineer in society. ASME codes and standards, publications, conferences, continuing education, and professional development programs provide a foundation for advancing technical knowledge and a safer world. From college students and early-career engineers to project managers, corporate executives, researchers and academic leaders, ASME's members are as diverse as the engineering community itself.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.