Associate Director of Marketing
Asphalt Green, New York, NY USA
Work at Asphalt Green
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
Asphalt Green is looking to hire an Associate Director of Marketing (AD) to focus on print and digital initiatives including execution of advertisements, email marketing, in-house digital displays, social media, the Asphalt Green website and more, all in support of our mission to bring health and fitness to New Yorkers of all ages and abilities.
This is an exciting time to join the organization as we re-establish ourselves following changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. This role will be key in re-establishing marketing strategies and mentoring junior staff.
The AD will interact with departments including fitness/membership, aquatics, sports, camp, development, and community programs. The role is fast-paced with a high volume of work; organization, strong communication skills, and self-motivation are vital. Responsibilities include quality assurance for all marketing materials; a rigorous editorial approach and a strong aesthetic sense are key.
NOTE: All full time employees are on a hybrid schedule. Asphalt Green employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Develop and execute cross-platform marketing and communication campaigns.
- Manage creative development and execution of assets for print and digital media.
- Provide feedback and mentorship to marketing junior staff to ensure proper branding, quality, and timely completion.
- Build and maintain marketing calendar.
- Develop and oversee execution of social media campaigns.
- Provide analytics and reporting on campaign results and website traffic, make recommendations to inform future marketing plans.
- Drive continuous improvement of website performance and customer usability.
- Monitor marketing trends, present and make recommendations on findings.
- Manage external vendors, printers, etc.
- Ensure content is up-to-date and timely across all platforms
- 3+ years in a management role
- Project management experience, including familiarity with project management software (asana)
- Excellent organizational skills including a demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to track and report data in a meaningful way
- Experience with web analytics, content management systems (e.g. Expression Engine, Drupal), and email marketing programs (Constant Contact) required
- Basic understanding of HTML is a must
- Demonstrated interest and history of success in improving customer engagement
- Up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends
- Full grasp of copywriting, grammar, and adherence to brand guidelines
- Experience with search engine optimization, Meltwater, Adobe, and Dreamweaver a plus
- Focus on sports and/or fitness is a plus
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401K plan (no match)
- Pension contribution
- All employees use our facilities at no cost so no need for a health club membership.
About Asphalt Green
Asphalt Green is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting individuals of all ages and backgrounds achieve health through sports and fitness. Located on the Upper East Side and Battery Park City, Asphalt Green is one of New York City’s most valuable resources providing unparalleled programs and expertise. In addition to fee-based programs, Asphalt Green operates free community programs for over 50,000 public school children. To learn more, visit asphaltgreen.org.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands