Trending News Writer, Fitness Industry (Freelance)
Athletech News, Remote, Work from USA
The Business of Fitness
Salary: Freelance- fee per article
After a successful launch, Athletech News, a dynamic B2B fitness business startup, is looking to build a team of freelance writers that will cover the fitness business industry including technology, finance, nutrition, wellness and other related fitness verticals. This opportunity is well suited for a writer looking to work on an investigative level building relationships with key industry figures, as well as produce product features/reviews and lists comparing products/services.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a positive attitude who thrives under tight deadlines and has a demonstrated ability to quickly produce engaging, SEO-optimized, high-quality news content. He/she should be well versed in the fitness, health and wellness industry — and be able to report on any of those with wit and an original point of view.
The Trending News Writer will be responsible for writing several pieces a day/week, as well as assisting in covering major industry related events. This person should have a skill for identifying unique angles that would resonate with fitness executives, gym enthusiasts and wellness startups. Athletech News strives to be the destination for all things related to the rapidly evolving fitness and wellness landscape. Examples of pertinent content would include: mergers & acquisitions of top gyms and fitness studios, new wellness apps related to meditation and sleep, the rise of connected fitness, the evolution of personal training (potentially related to AI and mobile interfaces), celebrity endorsements or investments in fitness companies, and fitness influencers as the new celebrity. Experience with self-editing and self-publishing news stories is a plus.
- Pitch (and sometimes be assigned), write and publish several trending news stories per day — with a focus on fitness, health and wellness
- Turn around breaking fitness-related news stories quickly with strong attention to detail
- Have an eye for spotting news that is highly relevant to our audience
- Create content that will drive traffic via search, social, and referral
- Write and edit content adhering to the highest journalistic standards
- Create proprietary content for business executives that will help them make better-informed decisions
- Use SEO and analytics to inform content creation; provide strong headlines and “dek” optimized for SEO
- Solid understanding on a broad range of fitness topics including technology, finance, nutrition & wellness
- Experience working on tight deadlines
About Athletech News
Athletech News – a curated series of articles creating the intersection of fitness, technology and finance. Athletech News is a first-of-its-kind digital platform featuring premium and authentic content making it the premier b2b publication. Through our partnerships with leading brands in the fitness and related industries, our platform enables all levels of expertise in the fitness industry to make better informed decisions.
Want to learn more about Athletech News? Visit Athletech News's website.
Create the extraordinary.