Social Media Manager, BARK Eats (BarkBox)
BarkBox, New York, Columbus OH, Remote
Work at BarkBox
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
WHO WE ARE:
BARK’s social team is responsible for creating perpetually fresh content that entertains, engages, and educates potential and current customers on the magic of dogs and BARK. Using all of the storytelling mediums (user-generated content, social media as a whole, PR, video, photography, the products themselves) at our disposal, the social team brings BARK’s dog-obsessed antics to the public. (Occasionally in ways that are accidentally and not-so-accidentally spicy.) Successes on this team have enormous payoffs for social engagement, PR, sales, and overall awareness of BARK.
But what are the vibes of BARK’s social team? We’re a team that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is quirky, open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. We’re fun-loving internet nerds who know about too many esoteric TikTok trends before they’re mainstream. Also if 90% of your camera roll is full of dogs, you’re one of us.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We are looking for a seasoned creative with a curious, quirky and dog-obsessed mind to lead the creative strategy for BARK Eats social media presence. BARK Eats, our new food brand, is an exciting startup-feeling business line within the larger BARK organization.
We want to work with a social media manager who will help us replicate and expand BARK’s social media successes for this new brand. You will work with the larger BARK social team as well as the creative director + marketing team on Eats to build BARK Eats social media presence from the ground up. If you’re comfy in the constantly evolving social landscape, have familiarity with both paid and organic content, and a love of creative problem solving, this is the job for you!
- Develop the end-to-end social media strategy, execution, and growth of BARK Eats’ social presence
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the BARK Eats’ growth and marketing team to ideate and launch campaigns
- Lead the team organization, development, and implementation, and tracking of ideas that are measurable for both awareness on owned and earned channels, as well as making an impact on growth channels
- Establishes, influences, and oversees programs that are unique, innovative, ambitious, and perpetually fresh. Applies understanding of BARK’s unique opportunities and culture to lead and push creative boundaries
- Pitch and craft engaging social posts that suit the aesthetic and storytelling of Bark Eats.
- Grow social accounts of BARK Eats and bring more dog people into the BARK social ecosystem
- Develop and oversee public-facing customer engagement style on BARK Eats. You’ll be on the front lines of watching what customers are saying about BARK Eats and you’ll be working closely with the customer service team to make sure potential and active customers have the best experience possible!
- Responsible for testing into new social channels, including creating a strategy for new channels as well as running small scale tests to validate/invalidate ideas
- Bring a social perspective to the larger marketing team by assisting with ideas for copy and creative requests like emails, social ads, and on-site content.
- Brainstorming and testing new concepts for Bark Eats awareness campaigns
- 4+ years of social media management experience
- Strong creative development and pitching skills with experience creating explosive moments that gets people excited and chattering online
- 👏 Sense 👏 of 👏 hu👏mor 👏.
- Experience working cross-functionally at a rapid growth company.
- Strong organizational, communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence in content creation to be able to execute content yourself. (Your copywriting skills are *chef’s kiss* and you are not scared to get your hands dirty in Photoshop.)
- Experience managing a handful of freelancers.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to develop and maintain productive & creative working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Loves dogs (duh).
This is a full-time salaried position. It can be remote full-time OR if you are located in NYC or Columbus, OH you are welcome to join on-site at either of our offices. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Create the extraordinary.