Advertising Media Planner
BBC Studios, Americas, Los Angeles, CA USA
Work at BBC Studios, Americas
***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
The main purpose of this role is to support the ad sales teams in Media Planner and operations duties. The position is an integral member of the team based in the LA office and directly supports the West Coast Sales Team. This role reports into LA-based VP, of Sales and has dotted-line accountability into the Account Director within the region.
The role is split between two functions:
- The sales support function is responsible for supporting ongoing selling activities, sales planning, pulling relevant research and helping prepare assets & collateral for client meetings. The role will also be responsible for seamless delivery of advertising programs including advertising creative deadlines, technical specifications and tracking of delivery.
- Ad Operations & Inventory Management function is responsible for start-to-finish sales support – from Google Ad Manager (GAM) submission and approvals, trafficking help, to billing and post sales analytics. The role will interact with many different parts of the business including Sales, Editorial, Product, Marketing, among others to ensure a flawless, high quality advertising experience for all stakeholders and clients.
- Work with sales team on RFPs to provide proposal ideas and inventory solutions that best meet the client expectations and proposal objectives by account/campaign (team or category) while maintaining pricing integrity and inventory package strategy
- Develop media plans and PowerPoint presentation decks for the Sales team
- Produce sales proposals in order management system leveraging yield tools required
- Solid understanding of BBC product offering and operational capabilities
- Work with both sales team and campaign management to timely launch, and assist in client optimizations so that revenue is maintained and balanced with client goals
- Work with your manager to utilize historical data to support strategic decisions about new sales programs
- Month end billing
- Stewardship of campaign delivery:
- Pacing and 1st vs 3rd party discrepancies
- Quality Control (Make sure campaigns are trafficked and running correctly)
- Screenshots for live campaigns – within 24 hours of a campaign launch or as required per customers’ expectations
- Assist with comScore research & analysis; clients & agency insights utilizing trade and other research tools
- Create mocks for decks (including, but not limited to: RFP’s, RFI’s, Meetings, Pro-Active Pitches)
- Attend as needed agency and client meetings, industry events, activities to help support sales team in Los Angeles
- Check competitive sites for prospecting opportunities
- Organize contact sheets
- Perform market research
- Ad Hoc Projects
- Process & schedule campaign creative - includes communicating with clients & agencies on revisions or changes required
- Set up test & preview pages as needed and send to internal team members and clients & agencies directly
- Manage spec questions /spec sheets for US and respond to direct inquiries from clients & agencies
- Receive creative/vendor approvals from the UK
- Work with Ad Operations team and clients to troubleshoot creative / tags as needed and communicate updates or necessary revisions with clients and/or agencies
- Reserve campaign in order management system once deal is approved
- Google Ad Manager proposal submissions & approvals
- Ad Lib submissions and approvals for buyouts & sponsorships
- Weekly communication with all US offices is essential, while also developing a strong network of contacts across the BBC. The individual will work across the value chain of campaigns with regular interactions across Global News including Ad Operations, Sales, Business Intelligence and StoryWorks.
Are you the right candidate?
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding attention to detail, customer service, time management and the ability to multitask
- Experience working in Excel & Powerpoint
- Enthusiastic, and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem solving skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Achieves, maintains low error rates and puts in place measures to prevent future errors.
- Self-starter and pro-activity
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Engages with team members in the creative process to test ideas and generate new thinking to build into account and opportunity plans
- Develops and maintains a network of internal contacts to exchange technical and campaign information
- Ability to multitask and efficiently manage time and priorities
- Is receptive to new ideas and approaches
- Dedication to quality work whilst maintaining efficiency
- Experience working in the advertising/media industry
- Experience of using or interest in advertising technology
- 2+ years of experience working with online advertising operations or planning team
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Arrangements / Work-Life Balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Peloton App Membership
- Gym Reimbursement
About BBC Studios, Americas
Want to learn more about BBC Studios, Americas? Visit BBC Studios, Americas's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.