Advertising Account Executive
BBC Studios, Americas, Los Angeles, CA USA
Work at BBC Studios, Americas
***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
At BBC News, we aim to help people understand the world around them, make informed choices, and take an active part in society and democracy. As we expand our footprint to meet increasing demand for our style of quality and impartial journalism in North America, we are seeking motivated, passionate, high performing individuals across a variety of skillsets to join our global team. Our primary locations are New York, Washington DC, and London, though as a distributed workforce we are open to applicants in any location where the BBC has a commercial presence.
Join us and be an essential part of the world’s most trusted news gathering organization.
Purpose of the role
BBC.com has an opening for an Account Executive. The Account Executive will be responsible for the South West territory and will report to the Director of Advertising Sales in Los Angeles.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing revenue for the BBC across our suite of digital properties (including BBC.com, BBC World Service Language Sites, TopGear.com, and BBC Podcasts), both directly and programmatically.
- Leverage BBC’s brand position to create compelling sales solutions for clients and ad agencies.
- Drive creativity and ideas that differentiate BBC in the competitive News & Information marketplace.
- Maintain deep industry sector knowledge keeping abreast of industry trends and evangelize the value of BBC products and solutions, proactively keeping clients informed about new product offerings and product updates.
- Utilize established agency and client relationships to hit the ground running from day one.
- Ensure optimal market coverage (travel required) and regular professional client engagements.
Are you the right candidate?
As a global business, diversity, equity, and inclusion among team members is essential to our success. We therefore encourage highly skilled candidates from traditionally under-represented groups to submit their applications, even if they don’t check absolutely every box on our list of desired work experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of the digital marketplace (including custom content and programmatic), trends, and Agency/Client structure
- Proactive and consultative in sales approach to anticipate changing market needs
- Must be outgoing, organized, solutions-oriented, a team player, a self-starter, and a strategic thinker
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong one-on-one and group presentations skills
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships with clients and agencies
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google productivity applications and Salesforce.com
- Understanding of News / publisher ecosystem a plus
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience
- Track record of strong revenue growth for existing and new business, relationship building and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Ability to identify & develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects
- Ability to retain and manage a strong pipeline
- Ability to communicate client feedback and marketplace conditions to sales management to help inform product and sales strategy
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible, Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Work/life balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Peloton App Membership
- Gym Reimbursement
- Bagel Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays, and more!
COVID Vaccination Disclosure: BBC Studios is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees, contractors, and guests. We follow federal, state, and local guidelines regarding vaccination and testing requirements across our office locations.
Our New York office requires all staff, contractors, and guests to be fully vaccinated and to submit proof of vaccination.
For other locations, a negative COVID-19 test may be submitted weekly if an individual is not fully vaccinated.
Please note that most roles require an in-office presence of two days a week as part of our hybrid/flexible working arrangement.
About BBC Studios, Americas
Want to learn more about BBC Studios, Americas? Visit BBC Studios, Americas's website.
Create the extraordinary.