Blaze Media, Dallas, TX USA
Work at Blaze Media
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Full Health, Dental, Vision, Life and other benefits.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Blaze Media is looking for a producer for a conservative sports and culture show. This team member will be responsible for supporting the editorial vision of the host, overseeing end to end production, and ensuring high quality content.
Candidate must be extremely organized and detail-oriented. Must be adaptable to house workflow and organizational methods. Familiarity with social media landscape is a huge plus. Knowledge of all the hot-button issues at the intersection of sports and culture in the news cycle . Strong ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility. Strong ability to communicate and manage tv personalities.
- Coordination, creation, scheduling, and distribution of all show projects
- Researching, requesting, and QC’ing production elements for stories including B-roll, sound bites, still pictures, articles, social posts, and videos/images
- Pitch stories, segments, and show specials
- Oversee research and fact-checks of information that will be going on-air
- Oversee guest booking
- Ensure all story elements are delivered and organize rundown for live and live-to-tape production
- Coordinate with crew team to ensure high quality studio production
- Oversee packaging of content (graphics, titles, description, etc) to market to a digital audience
- Minimum 2 years working experience in live-to-tape broadcast news, video production, or digital media
- Experience in Adobe photoshop, editing in Premiere a plus
- Knowledge of building a rundown
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Graphics experience helpful
- Live experience very helpful
- Good people and problem-solving skills
- Strong political news, sports, and pop culture knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of handling intense deadlines and multitasking
- Excellent research skills; demonstrated creativity, responsibility, and organizational abilities a must
- Organized, responsible, accurate, able to work well under pressure and without constant supervision
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department
- Applicant should be extremely dependable and prompt, with positive demeanor
- Other hours may include weekends or holidays on occasion for special assignments
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter with 2–3 links to examples of previous works to email@example.com (no editing reels, please; we want to see complete works; and resume. Links to social media accounts a plus!
About Blaze Media
Blaze Media is news and entertainment for people who love America.
Blaze Media owns one of the top 20 podcasts networks in America, distributes some of the largest individual shows in the podcast space, has built and maintains one of the industry’s largest email lists, and has one of the nation’s largest right of center high traffic websites.
Want to learn more about Blaze Media? Visit Blaze Media's website.
Create the extraordinary.