The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance Broadcast Operator to cover several of our technical positions with an emphasis on the studio floor in a live 24/7 broadcast environment at our World Headquarters in New York City.
We'll trust you to:
- Move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment
- Collaborate with the technical team and editorial personnel in order to ensure a quality visual presentation to our audience
- Understand the flow and composition of a live news broadcast
- Serve as Floor Director and A2; ensuring that all on-air personnel are equipped with mics and IFBs and have appropriate direction on the set
- Take direction from control room and alert control room of any on-set issues
- Operate robotic studio cameras located in New York and remote locations
You'll need to have:
- An ability to multitask
- Flexibility to work early morning and evening hours
- Familiarity with microphones and IFBs; experience dressing talent with audio equipment preferred
- Experience in technical control room roles with an emphasis on studio cameras a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an information leader in providing high-quality, real-time and historical data to business and financial professionals worldwide. We have been at the leading edge of the information revolution that has changed the way problems get solved.
Business leaders turn to us for news and analysis they really can’t get anywhere else. With 2,600+ journalists stationed in 150+ bureaus across 73 countries – and backed by Bloomberg technology, analytics and distribution – we have their world covered.
As one of the world’s leading financial news organizations, Bloomberg News produces roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990 – including the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting.
Want to learn more about Bloomberg? Visit Bloomberg's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands