We are looking for an experienced editor to join the Americas Editing Hub in New York.
The right candidate will have outstanding editing and writing skills, and a knack for finding and telling the biggest stories of the day, from news analysis to long-form enterprise. You will deliver compelling features that will appear on the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg.com, as well as in Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets magazines.
This will require collaboration with teams across the newsroom to develop stories as well as lines of reporting, and guidance in executing our most ambitious work. Ideally, you should have at least ten years of experience as an editor; a digital background is a plus. You'll also need a deep understanding of trends and coverage areas across a range of topics in global business. This editor will work closely with the News Desk to help publish the most meaningful stories at any given moment across multiple beats.
We'll trust you to:
- Help build a pipeline of deeply readable feature stories and projects across a broad range of topics
- Cultivate and maintain collaborations across various platforms, including TV, video, and social
- Guide and support reporters and editors, both in developing story ideas and improving their sourcing, interviewing, framing and writing
- React quickly to unexpected stories and help break news You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of journalism experience
- The ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A collaborative spirit and excellent communication skills
- Exceptional news judgment If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an information leader in providing high-quality, real-time and historical data to business and financial professionals worldwide. We have been at the leading edge of the information revolution that has changed the way problems get solved.
Business leaders turn to us for news and analysis they really can’t get anywhere else. With 2,600+ journalists stationed in 150+ bureaus across 73 countries – and backed by Bloomberg technology, analytics and distribution – we have their world covered.
As one of the world’s leading financial news organizations, Bloomberg News produces roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990 – including the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting.
Want to learn more about Bloomberg? Visit Bloomberg's website.
Home of the world’s best books.