The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. With outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities, our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for an exceptional senior graphic designer to work on brand initiatives and campaigns supporting Bloomberg LP - ranging from logos and brand development, editorial design, digital campaign and social media, virtual and live events. You will contribute to the creative vision of the team, and work closely with the design director, art directors, brand strategists and copywriters to define and brand experiences across digital, motion, print and experiential.
We will trust you to:
- Bring a strong sense of design and design production, with excellent typography skills, and image editing.
- Impeccable attention to detail and passion for a job well done. You will be trusted to address stakeholder feedback in a timely manner.
- Manage your workload efficiently, with help from project managers and project management systems (Workfront).
- Work alongside marketing stakeholders and address feedback in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Work within a defined but dynamic visual/brand system.
- A deep understanding of creative execution. Work with vendors, and developers, seeing complicated jobs through production.
- Have knowledge and experience in both digital and print production design with the ability to build and submit mechanical files and liaise with production vendors.
- Have a great understanding of design principles and be able to provide constructive feedback to other designers.
- Make design decisions in real-time to drive progress.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation and creativity
- Proactive problem solving
You will need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates extraordinary design ability across a wide range of media. A strong digital and social portfolio is highly desirable, as well as experience executing virtual events.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS and Sketch
- An intelligent approach to idea generation within the design medium
- Exceptional eye for typography and layout
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Cool under pressure. Detail orientated, self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task
- Adept at working seamlessly across print and digital
- Collaborate well with client teams and direct client contacts.
- Ability to work remotely through early 2021. Access to own equipment.
We'd love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to receive and interpret complex or undefined creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively to high-level partners
- Previous experience with layout design, as well as data viz.
- An easy-going attitude, calm under pressure and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
Bloomberg is an information leader in providing high-quality, real-time and historical data to business and financial professionals worldwide. We have been at the leading edge of the information revolution that has changed the way problems get solved.
Business leaders turn to us for news and analysis they really can’t get anywhere else. With 2,600+ journalists stationed in 150+ bureaus across 73 countries – and backed by Bloomberg technology, analytics and distribution – we have their world covered.
As one of the world’s leading financial news organizations, Bloomberg News produces roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990 – including the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting.
Want to learn more about Bloomberg? Visit Bloomberg's website.
Create the extraordinary.