Bloomberg's Equality team is seeking an experienced and energetic reporter to join a group that is having impact alongside our global newsroom covering equality in business, economics and finance. The right candidate will work with teams across the newsroom to cover race, gender, income and all aspects of equality across our core competencies, including policy. We're looking for a self-starter who is comfortable jumping into news stories as well as tackling mid-to-long term enterprise stories. You are passionate about the prospect of working across multiple mediums including broadcast, podcasting and events.
We'll trust you to:
- Have excellent news judgement and a sense of urgency
- Pitch timely and compelling news analysis on our beat
- Find never-before-reported angles, and deliver scoops in our coverage area
- Collaborate across the newsroom to produce ground-breaking enterprise and news hits with beat reporters on other teams
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of journalism experience
- A love for news and a general interest in a wide range of topics
- Experience covering breaking news, and sound editorial judgment
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills
- Editing experience is not required, but it's a plus
The job is available immediately. If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an information leader in providing high-quality, real-time and historical data to business and financial professionals worldwide. We have been at the leading edge of the information revolution that has changed the way problems get solved.
Business leaders turn to us for news and analysis they really can’t get anywhere else. With 2,600+ journalists stationed in 150+ bureaus across 73 countries – and backed by Bloomberg technology, analytics and distribution – we have their world covered.
As one of the world’s leading financial news organizations, Bloomberg News produces roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990 – including the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting.
Want to learn more about Bloomberg? Visit Bloomberg's website.
Create the extraordinary.