Master Control Room/Transmissions Operator (Contractor)
Bloomberg, New York, NY
Work at Bloomberg
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg is looking for a 12-month Master Control Room/Transmissions Operator Contractor, who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations within a 24-hour live news environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transmissions, as well as manage transmissions vendors
- Manage Video/Audio compression codecs, web streaming and transmission technologies
- Check-in remote guests, color correct feeds, and operate audio/video routing systems
- Steer in satellite feeds and optimize signals
- Work in conjunction with our Assignment Desk to tackle news of the day
- Oversee implementation of commercial breaks and logs
- Maintain strong relationships with live show producers
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of color correcting feeds and QC'ing remote guests
- Knowledge of RTS PAP IFB assignment panel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Satellite, Fiber and IP technologies. Live U knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work early AM and overnight hours, as well as the weekend
Does this sounds like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an information leader in providing high-quality, real-time and historical data to business and financial professionals worldwide. We have been at the leading edge of the information revolution that has changed the way problems get solved.
Business leaders turn to us for news and analysis they really can’t get anywhere else. With 2,600+ journalists stationed in 150+ bureaus across 73 countries – and backed by Bloomberg technology, analytics and distribution – we have their world covered.
As one of the world’s leading financial news organizations, Bloomberg News produces roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990 – including the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting.
Want to learn more about Bloomberg? Visit Bloomberg's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Associate Editor, Advertising & Program Standards
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations