Email Marketing Manager
Work at Bluetooth
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Bluetooth® technology is the fastest growing wireless technology in the world, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (Bluetooth SIG), the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry, is hiring. Backed by industry-leading companies, the Bluetooth SIG oversees the development of new Bluetooth specifications and provides the processes and tools for members to build, test, qualify, and brand their Bluetooth-enabled products.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced company culture and play a critical role in making the Internet of Things a reality. Be a part of the vanguard of technological innovation and collaborate with the companies that are creating the world’s most advanced products, all while reaping the benefits of a flexible, hybrid work environment designed to cater to individual and team preferences.
At the Bluetooth SIG, our values are at the core of who we are and are displayed daily as we cultivate relationships with our members, business partners, and organization. When joining the Bluetooth SIG, it means you share and demonstrate these values at the highest level: collaboration, commitment, integrity, respect, humility, and creativity.
Do you want to check the transactional, robotic, and boring at the door and instead focus your extensive email energy and expertise on relational emails that raise awareness and promote education? We are seeking an Email Marketing Manager to help us take our Email Marketing Program to the next level as a core channel within our corporate marketing engine. As the owner of the Email Marketing Program, you will create, execute, and measure email strategies to help drive awareness, understanding, and adoption of Bluetooth technology across a wide variety of markets and industries.
You will be promoting nuanced and fascinating technology for applications far beyond audio and entertainment – think smart factories, connected lighting, or connected medical devices. We are a B2B organization that believes in human and personal communication. Intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning are a must. If you are ready to put your email marketing skills to the test in the service of one of the most recognized brands in the world, we want to talk with you.
- Develop and drive the email marketing strategy, evolving and integrating existing efforts
- Own channel tactics in alignment with key marketing objectives for digital promotion program, marketing department, and larger organization
- Manage end-to-end email execution, currently in Marketo, from audience targeting and email buildout to QA and deployment to reporting and analysis
- Manage automation activities including segmentation and personalization, drip and nurture campaigns, triggered emails, and user lifecycle management
- Plan and compose compelling emails that transform complex concepts into clear and actionable messages; tailor writing styles to multiple audience segments
- Manage database health and growth, proactively monitor deliverability and reputation status
- Track and measure email activities to inform weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting
- Identify testing and learning opportunities that will drive growth and iterative program improvements
- Demonstrated experience with an enterprise email and automation platform required (Marketo, Salesforce, Pardot, etc.)
- 3+ years of daily, hands-on email marketing experience including automation activities
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with an ability to shift style and tone to match multiple audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of email best practices including design, deliverability, and spam and privacy regulations
- Experience with HTML and CSS for email production and troubleshooting
- Experience with Google Analytics or equivalent
- No travel requirements
Additional Requirements for Consideration
- Experience writing for B2B audiences, niche B2C audiences also applicable
- Experience writing for marketing channels other than email
- Experience migrating between enterprise email platforms
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS
- Experience with Workfront
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.