Head of Marketing
Boomtown, San Francisco, CA USA or Denver, CO or Remote
To ensure every question is answered accurately, and every problem is solved completely.
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
The Head of Marketing is a very important role within our company.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an intelligent, communicative and highly motivated individual to help drive the continued growth and performance of our company. Boomtown’s software (and managed services solutions) is tailor-made for large, medium and small Commercial Banks, related Fintech companies as well as payments processors and related Bank ecosystem players that power Merchant and other Commercial banking businesses. Boomtown’s investments in this market segment have proven product/market fit, validated demand, and have attracted a host of leading enterprise and mid-market bank/Fintech clients to the platform. The Company is now investing heavily in building this business and seeks a proven senior marketing executive to drive rapid growth in the space.
The Head of Marketing will be a key stakeholder in owning and developing our GTM strategy and oversee execution of all Marketing initiatives at Boomtown. This individual will work very closely with the Heads of Sales, Product and Finance in particular. The Head of Marketing will lead a team of marketers, digital strategists, and content producers, collaborating across the organization to solve complex problems and lead campaigns that will build brand recognition, product awareness, and most importantly, increase Sales and Revenue growth.
As our first senior marketing hire, in this role you will be responsible for building the marketing organization from the ground up. You will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing team members into a highly efficient, productive and results oriented department.
Please note that this role could become a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) role, depending on the skill level and experiences of the candidate.
We have employees across the United States and Europe and place a premium on expertise over your physical location.
- Lead the vision of our Marketing and go-to-market (GTM) goals at Boomtown
- Build and scale a world-class organization to support our big ambitions with business messaging, including driving business outcomes (metrics, revenue)
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and nurture a Marketing team from the ground up, preparing them for close collaboration with our Sales and Product teams
- Set the standard for what excellent B2B Marketing should look like for our company
- Work closely with our customers to gather feedback, understand their problems, and share those findings to better inform and iterate upon Marketing Objectives
- Collaborate daily with the Product and Sales teams to design, execute, and communicate the value of our products and capabilities
- Refine our strategy, target markets, and value proposition
- Strengthen and drive awareness of the position of our brand and product platform
- Define Marketing Goals and KPIs - that focus on directly and indirectly drive the core business goals including revenue generation, product adoption, and product satisfaction and sentiment
- Manage our marketing budget and align to reach company objectives
- Selection, design and integration of MarCom stack in partnership with Revenue and Product leaders
- Build several functional capabilities, including demand generation, content and brand, marketing technology, and sales and channel partner enablement, to name a few
- Design and creation of product awareness to prospects and clients, including GTM strategy for new features and product announcements
- Build lead nurturing strategies using Account-Based Marketing (ABM) software and techniques
- Identify industry events for brand awareness and lead gen opportunities, allocate spend and deploy resources accordingly
- Develop new templates, processes and models for large-scale marketing efforts
- Build strong working relationships with executives and C-staff across Boomtown teams (e.g. product, engineering, revenue & sales, finance, human resources, sales operations, etc)
Skills & Experience
Our ideal candidate will be an intellectually bright and enthusiastic individual with 15+ years of enterprise/B2B software and/or technology sales, most recently at a senior level. The candidate will understand the banking/’fintech and related verticals and ecosystems. The candidates will have experience building and managing large, high-scaled business and marketing teams. The candidate will have had wide scope in previous marketing roles, ranging across the customer lifecycle, including overseeing brand/content, sales and channel sales enablement, and demand generation. The candidate will ideally have experience in the enterprise and SaaS (software-as-a-service) industry, driving adoption and enablement of paid products and APIs. Further, the candidate would have experience in and working knowledge of CRM and CXM systems so that they can convey the value and benefits of selling CX and CXM solutions into target clients. An ideal candidate would have had a track record of sustained success marketing and selling B2B SaaS software with a focus on CX, CXM or CRM into large and medium sized banks/fintechs and related players with average contract values of >$200K and as high as $10M+ annually. This candidate also needs exceptional cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills. Success in this position also requires leadership, an ability to engage and influence at an executive level, a passion for digital marketing, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Specific requirements and skills include:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, with experience in B2B SaaS, payments/CX/CXM capabilities
- 8+ years of experience building and leading teams, including the development of leaders and organizations marketing into banks/FIs/large enterprises
- Experience building marketing teams for fast-growing tech start-ups from the ground up, with proven leadership and hiring skills, having built and managed teams of more than a dozen people
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to take constructive feedback to improve quality
- Demonstrated mastery of GTM principles, best practices, and common digital campaign tools
- An open, team-oriented operating style that has proven effective in a prior senior leadership role, while simultaneously forging close working relationships with managers and peers in a collaborative environment throughout the organization
- Has been accountable for significant revenue and profit growth using a disciplined and highly process-oriented approach
- A highly collaborative mindset to work in partnership with the CRO and leadership team
- Strong communication skills verbally and in writing and comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven success in communicating software technology to diverse stakeholders at large enterprisecustomers
- Action-oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and possesses a proactive sense of urgency
- Provide a portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in campaign generation, management, and execution
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills to include selection, training and retention of direct reports and external content providers (marketing agencies etc)
- Proven experience across key marketing disciplines, including demand generation, brand and content, sales and partner enablement, and marketing technology
- Natural curiosity for innovation focused on the latest MarComm technology and Digital demand generation strategies
- Experienced implementing MarComm technologies integrated with CRM
- Experience with Digital marketing and customer journey design and tracking
- Exceptional knowledge of Account-Based Marketing and enterprise selling
- Start-up experience
- Proven experience engaging at an executive level internally with cross-functional groups and externally, and with C-level executives externally
If you’re passionate about working at a dynamic organization that is committed to facing the challenges of the day, this is the place for you. We are seeking candidates who want to be at the forefront of powering entire ecosystems of businesses to work together in ways that had heretofore been impossible. Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. We offer equity participation in an early-stage, high growth technology company, competitive health/dental/vision benefits, unlimited PTO, and cash & stock bonuses for excellent performance.
Boomtown is the Customer Experience Management company. We help enterprises and their partner ecosystems deliver exceptional customer experiences with complete visibility and precise control.
The Boomtown Platform (“CXMEngine”) includes pre-built CRM connectors, experience orchestration and automation tools, as well as knowledge delivery and integrated communication solutions in one seamless platform.
The world’s largest businesses trust our technology because it has been tested and proven in the most complex and secure business environments. Customer experience professionals choose us because we deliver simplicity at massive scale, streamlining CXM efforts at every customer touchpoint.
Founded in 2014, Boomtown is made up of dedicated CXM experts and technologists. We are headquartered in Tiburon, California, and backed by NYCA Partners, Telstra Ventures, Capital One Ventures, and Commerce Ventures.
To learn more and to join the enterprises delivering exceptional experiences to over 1.5 million customers with Boomtown, please visit: www.goboomtown.com
Boomtown. Customer Experience Delivered.
Want to learn more about Boomtown? Visit Boomtown's website.
Create the extraordinary.