Sr Sales Account Executive
Boomtown, San Francisco, CA USA or Denver, CO or Remote
To ensure every question is answered accurately, and every problem is solved completely.
The Sr Sales Account Executive in this vertical will have a quota for software sales, which serves as the primary objective of the role. The Sr AE is responsible for driving sales and revenue growth in the Banking/Fintech vertical, and this segment sells directly into the target customer set. Knowledge of enterprise CRM, CX, CXM and related software systems and how they function and add value to target clients is imperative. Target leads are generated through a combination of direct outbound calling, and business development, outbound marketing, industry referrals and events, and referrals from channel partners. Sales professionals in this role manage leads through a traditional cycle of lead generation, prospecting, qualification, value proof, proposal, contracting, closing, onboarding, operations execution, and achievement.
The Sr Sales Account Executive will develop plans for success as it pertains to the target vertical and segment. Success in the role will require prospecting, qualifying, negotiating and closing large multi-year enterprise deals successfully. S/he will follow the sales processes and methodologies using tools like Salesforce to ensure proper pacing and updating of progress, so that Sales Leadership can help monitor progress and coach and support Sr AE performance.
More specifically, the Sr Sales Account Executive will be responsible for identifying and developing leads, having effective introduction calls with C-level and/or very senior client executives, presenting effective Unified CX Mapping sessions that communicate the value of Boomtown’s core software platform, leading to Statements of Work (SOWs) and Contracts signed.
We have employees across the United States and Europe and place a premium on expertise over your physical location.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Generate sales and revenue to meet performance objectives, quotas and targets. This includes delivering on quarterly and annual software and other revenue objectives, major account penetration and related and supporting sales tracking;
- Develop a funnel and pipeline of opportunities so that goals and objectives may be met, and to ensure the pipeline is growing and being replenished as deals close, with enough volume to ensure ample coverage to meet sales and revenue objectives;
- Developing knowledge and skill in the core areas of CX and CXM software, as well as banks, fintech and related industry players and dynamics, as well as of the value we deliver to clients, and all related CX ecosystem value is central to driving strong outcomes;
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will be an intellectually bright and enthusiastic individual with 15+ years of enterprise/B2B software and/or technology sales, most recently at a senior level. The candidate will understand the banking/’fintech and related verticals and ecosystems. S/he will experience in and working knowledge of CRM and CXM systems so that they can convey the value and benefits of selling CX and CXM solutions into target clients. More specifically the ideal candidate would have had a track record of sustained success selling B2B SaaS software with a focus on CX, CXM or CRM into large and medium sized banks/fintechs and related players with Average Contract Values of >$200K and as high as $10M+ annually. S/he will have demonstrated consistent success in consistently meeting or exceeding revenue achievement targets. This executive will have demonstrated significant top-line sales and revenue production outcomes over time. Additional experience and competencies will include:
- Responsibility: Taking accountability for the assigned production goals and outcomes. Generating the level of activities and inputs to produce the necessary outputs aligned to goals and being self-motivated and driven to do so without the need for leadership to nudge or press them to do so.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Effectively communicating to internal partners and leadership and with C-level and other senior leadership of target clients. Ability to build and maintain relationships to build credibility and trust leading to effective team and client relationships.
- Sales Development Success: This individual has developed and managed sales for an enterprise sales organization, and has been accountable for significant revenue and profit growth using a disciplined and highly process-oriented approach for individual production. S/he possesses a hands-on orientation with a demonstrated record of leading the negotiation and closing of major sales opportunities with senior customer executives. S/he is an action-oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and possesses a proactive sense of urgency.
- Leadership Presence: The successful candidate will possess an open, team-oriented operating style that has proven effective in a prior senior leadership role, while simultaneously forging close working relationships with managers and peers in a collaborative environment throughout the organization. This individual is persuasive and commands credibility and respect. S/he possesses excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written), and is well-versed in representing the company on all dimensions.
- Consultative Solution Sales Experience: This individual possesses a track record of selling to executive and technical C-level decision-makers in large, enterprises, particularly banks and related fintech and other ecosystem organizations, plus the ability to negotiate significant deals ($1M+). S/he has delivered on sales and revenue objectives at an enterprise software/technology business
If you’re passionate about working at a dynamic organization that is committed to facing the challenges of the day, this is the place for you. We are seeking candidates who want to be at the forefront of powering entire ecosystems of businesses to work together in ways that had heretofore been impossible. Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. We offer equity participation in an early-stage, high growth technology company, competitive health/dental/vision benefits, unlimited PTO, and cash & stock bonuses for excellent performance.
Boomtown is the Customer Experience Management company. We help enterprises and their partner ecosystems deliver exceptional customer experiences with complete visibility and precise control.
The Boomtown Platform (“CXMEngine”) includes pre-built CRM connectors, experience orchestration and automation tools, as well as knowledge delivery and integrated communication solutions in one seamless platform.
The world’s largest businesses trust our technology because it has been tested and proven in the most complex and secure business environments. Customer experience professionals choose us because we deliver simplicity at massive scale, streamlining CXM efforts at every customer touchpoint.
Founded in 2014, Boomtown is made up of dedicated CXM experts and technologists. We are headquartered in Tiburon, California, and backed by NYCA Partners, Telstra Ventures, Capital One Ventures, and Commerce Ventures.
To learn more and to join the enterprises delivering exceptional experiences to over 1.5 million customers with Boomtown, please visit: www.goboomtown.com
Boomtown. Customer Experience Delivered.
Want to learn more about Boomtown? Visit Boomtown's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands