Technical Support Associate
Boomtown, Tempe, AZ USA
To ensure every question is answered accurately, and every problem is solved completely.
Salary min: $40,000
Salary max: $60,000
Level: Entry Level
About the Role
As a Technical Support Associate you’ll join our Customer Care Team. You’ll be responsible for answering inbound communications (calls, chats, and emails) and will work directly with our customers (who we call “merchants”, the employees/small business owners) to troubleshoot issues with their point-of-sale (“POS”) systems, credit card readers, and related hardware, including network equipment, printers, barcode scanners, and cash drawers. Often you won’t be able to see or touch the hardware, so you’ll have to rely on the merchant and your communication skills to guide them to success. But you’ll have more than just your wits at your disposal (although a surplus of wit is definitely needed for this job). With our trusty knowledge base by your side, our stalwart team at your back, and the license to hunt down any information we may be missing, you won’t lack for guidance.
- Remotely help customers via email, SMS and over the phone to solve various types of in-store technology problems, including: Wi-Fi connectivity; hardware and software issues; credit card terminal processing and POS integration; secured and unsecured networks; Bluetooth devices and cabled printers; with a knowledge around Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android) navigation and download.
- Troubleshoot mobile POS network issues which include tablet and printer connectivity with cabled and wireless LAN and WAN devices.
- Answer “how to” quick-fix questions about supported devices.
- Take ownership of customer issues through to resolution or escalation while providing accurate and prompt feedback both to the customer and teammates.
- Maintain a high percentage of issue resolution within the first customer interaction.
- Document all interactions in our CXM software clearly and concisely.
Skills & Experience
- Flexibility in the face of change, perseverance in the face of adversity, irreverence in the face of cookie cutter business practices. This is a startup environment that pairs the perk of freedom with the burden of chaotic hard work. You’ll need resiliency to thrive with both.
- Ability to think on your feet. You are comfortable not knowing the answer but knowing you have the tools to find out.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly. We are an ever growing company and you will continue to learn far outside of your training period, often quite rapidly.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Comfortable speaking on the phone and able to display sincere empathy regardless of the attitude of the caller.
- Acts with integrity and transparency.
- Self-effacing with a great sense of humor, a team player.
Down to Brass Tacks (the practical stuff) (the pertinents) (the particulars)
- No hardware will be provided for this position, so you’ll need to own or purchase the following:
- Windows 10 Computer with at least a Quadcore processor and 8gb of RAM
- Wired internet connection (Not wifi)
- Headset w/ microphone for taking calls
- This role will be based in Tempe, Arizona, with the opportunity to work on a fully remote basis for those not currently located there. Must be located in the United States.
- Flexible availability. We offer 24/7 support, which means we have a variety of hours that need coverage. In general you will have the same fixed shift, but sometimes life, uh, finds a way and we need the team to pitch in to cover.
- The Benefits:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Cash and stock option bonuses for excellent performance
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness package, including free subscriptions to Aaptiv, Headspace, Ginger, and Physera
You hung on this long! Congratulations on a great attention span and a lack of fear! Mention the Konami Code in your interview for brownie points (seriously do it, trust me on this one). We’re a quirky, nerdy team that obsessively needs to SOLVE THE PROBLEM while also getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. We can train anyone so long as they have the right attitude. You ready to test your might? Then get over here and apply to be part of the Boomtown team.
Boomtown is the Customer Experience Management company. We help enterprises and their partner ecosystems deliver exceptional customer experiences with complete visibility and precise control.
The Boomtown Platform (“CXMEngine”) includes pre-built CRM connectors, experience orchestration and automation tools, as well as knowledge delivery and integrated communication solutions in one seamless platform.
The world’s largest businesses trust our technology because it has been tested and proven in the most complex and secure business environments. Customer experience professionals choose us because we deliver simplicity at massive scale, streamlining CXM efforts at every customer touchpoint.
Founded in 2014, Boomtown is made up of dedicated CXM experts and technologists. We are headquartered in Tiburon, California, and backed by NYCA Partners, Telstra Ventures, Capital One Ventures, and Commerce Ventures.
To learn more and to join the enterprises delivering exceptional experiences to over 1.5 million customers with Boomtown, please visit: www.goboomtown.com
Boomtown. Customer Experience Delivered.
Want to learn more about Boomtown? Visit Boomtown's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.