Shopping / commerce writers at ViacomCBS Digital (contract)
CBS Interactive, Remote
Work at CBS Interactive
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We’re looking for quick-thinking, super creative, SEO-savvy writers to publish engaging stories based on shopping trends and hot products. We need writers who can craft breezy, authoritative and daily content, covering products in mostly lifestyle categories, from fashion to streaming services, gadgets to kitchen gear.
This is a remote contract position. Hours may range from half-time to full-time, depending on the season.
We're looking for writers who know how to reach a mass audience, who can make a technical topic fun and accessible, and who, ideally, have editorial experience writing about consumer products. Showing an expertise is also a plus — electronics, fitness, home, lifestyle.
- You are newsy and passionate, with a sense of purpose and a sense of humor that comes out in your writing.
- You have experience writing editorial pieces about online deals, product reviews and "best of" lists for a mainstream audience.
- You write with SEO in mind, and have experience using search data, tools and intelligence to help create and optimize content.
- You are ready to pitch and contribute articles to high-stakes editorial projects, delivering sparkling copy with clicky headlines under tight deadlines.
- You bring an eye for finding topics that other writers might miss
- You have a passion for accuracy, a good instinct for news judgment, and a strong sense of ownership for everything you produce.
Our creative team lives and breathes data, so comfort responding to analytics is key. Experience at a daily publication, using a CMS and photo databases are a must.
The position is on a central team that provides editorial and creative services to ViacomCBS Digital websites, covering entertainment, news and sports.
- Please send resume
- And links to 2-3 writing samples — we will not consider submissions without samples
- These can be from smaller publications or personal sites. These can be social media posts, if those best demonstrate your skills and POV.
About CBS Interactive
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands