Digital Partnerships Associate/Specialist
Center for American Progress, Washington, DC USA
Work at Center for American Progress
Salary: The Digital Partnerships Associate position has a starting salary of $54,000, and the Digital Partnerships Specialist has a starting salary of $60,000.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Reports to: Director of Partnerships
Staff reporting to this position: None
Department: Advocacy and Outreach
Position classification: Exempt, full time
Minimum compensation: $54,000/$60,000
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Digital Partnerships Associate or Specialist to join the Advocacy and Outreach department and advance its amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values. With Americans facing an increasing volume of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to reach key audiences—and American Progress is committed to leading the way.
The successful candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive political landscape in order to promote progressive policy messaging and content and ultimately improve its performance online. They will have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms, an interest in progressive influencers and organizations, and knowledge of the progressive landscape. The Associate or Specialist’s responsibilities will include managing relationships with other progressive operatives and organizations; helping develop the Partnerships team’s strategy; and identifying opportunities for collaboration and engagement with partners.
This role will be driven by American Progress’ mission “to improve the lives of all Americans through bold, progressive ideas as well as strong leadership and concerted action, with the aim of not only changing the conversation, but changing the country.” The Associate or Specialist will be part of a dynamic department that supports work across American Progress’ five crosscutting priorities:
- Building an economy for all
- Advancing racial equity and justice
- Tackling climate change and environmental injustice
- Restoring social trust in democracy
- Strengthening health and ending the pandemic
This is a full-time position funded for one year.
- Help identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen American Progress’ external relationships with digital leads across the progressive landscape.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement between American Progress and the organization’s partners, including pitching content for social media, video collaborations, messaging strategy, and more.
- Support management of a robust online community of more than 300 progressive partners.
- Manage assigned partnerships, serving as the lead point of contact and ensuring strong relationships are established.
- Identify new potential partners and ways to expand and deepen the Center for American Progress Action Fund’s work with both progressive political and nonpolitical voices.
- Schedule and support kickoff calls with partners.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content distribution.
- Share feedback from and among partners on content performance, effective tactics, and emerging needs.
- Help plan and execute events and trainings for partners.
- Track and report out on metrics and progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Two to five years of professional experience in social media, political organizing, or talent/account management.
- Strong understanding of progressive policies and the broader progressive community of organizations, elected officials, and operatives.
- Established relationships within the progressive movement is a plus.
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- Positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers a full and competitive benefits package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. The Digital Partnerships Associate position has a starting salary of $54,000, and the Digital Partnerships Specialist has a starting salary of $60,000.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 and the levels of community spread and adjust plans as needed for in-office work. Any changes to our current hybrid work policy will be communicated at the time of hire. Updates will be posted on American Progress’ Jobs page.
About Center for American Progress
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.
Want to learn more about Center for American Progress? Visit Center for American Progress's website.
Create the extraordinary.