Marketing Analyst, Central Park Conservancy
Central Park Conservancy, New York, NY USA
Work at Central Park Conservancy
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Department: Digital Experience
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
About the Central Park Conservancy
Central Park is one of the most famous and beloved urban public spaces in the world. Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux in 1857, the 843-acre park was the first purpose-built public park in the country and is a National Historic Landmark. The Central Park Conservancy, a private not-for-profit organization, was founded in 1980 to rescue the Park which had fallen into serious disrepair. Since that time, the Conservancy has overseen the investment of approximately $1 billion in the restoration of the Park, and now hosts over 40 million visitors a year.
The Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and celebrate Central Park as a sanctuary from the pace and pressures of city life, enhancing the enjoyment and wellbeing of all. The City of New York has formally entrusted the care of the Park to the Conservancy which is responsible for every aspect of the Park’s care, including landscape maintenance, capital improvements, and the visitor experience. Committed to sharing the best practices in urban park management, the Conservancy also serves as a resource for other NYC parks and for public-private partnerships around the world. The Conservancy employs 325 people and has an operating budget of $80 million.
The Conservancy recently completed a seven-year plan, Central Park Conservancy, A Plan for the Stewardship of Central Park: 2020-2027, which focuses on the ongoing capital investment of the last four decade’s investment of more than $1 billion into Central Park.
The Marketing Data Analyst will be responsible for managing campaign reporting and analysis, along with providing data-driven insights to help support organizational growth strategies. This role will work closely with the marketing, content, and digital teams to provide regular performance metrics, aggregating information across platforms to ensure that outreach efforts are performing effectively against goal.
- Strategic Recommendations and Insights
- Develop and implement broader organizational analytics strategy, working with senior leadership and stakeholders to understand business goals and identify insights and analysis to inform strategic objectives.
- Provide regular, executive-level analysis and/or customized dashboards for top-level analysis against business objectives. Create presentations on findings to measure success for organizational initiatives and priorities.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Act as a resource for stakeholders to analyze and understand campaign performance against KPIs and larger business goals. Share data-driven insights, including areas of success and opportunity based on performance and strategic goals.
- Develop new processes across teams for regular reporting and analysis, automate recurring reports, and create efficiencies in order to provide regular access and transparency to data across the organization.
- Bring together reporting from web, email, social and other channels to generate regular reports around campaign performance, audience growth, constituent journeys, and revenue generation.
- Provide deeper analysis into audience profiles, identifying purchasing and behavioral trends to provide smarter and more efficient segmentation.
- Build out processes around reporting and analytics across departments – work with teams for better alignment and understanding of analytics practices and goals.
- Create automated dashboards for teams that provide updated metrics and measurement against strategic goals.
- Data Infrastructure and Systems
- Manage growth of data systems and infrastructure to support required insights and analysis across multiple online and offline systems. Work with data managers on ongoing data requests and ensure overall data hygiene and best practices.
- Work closely with outside consultants on implementation updates, system integrations, and other tracking needs. Work closely with IT, consultants, and internal technical leads to optimize analytics systems.
- Act as point person for Adobe Analytics platform to ensure ongoing management, best practices, and system optimization.
- Lead staff trainings in Adobe Analytics to provide broader access to data and reporting across teams.
- 5-7 years of experience in a related field
- Fluent in Excel and SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Highly experienced with, and certification in data analytics systems, including Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Launch, PowerBI.
- Experience with Eloqua or other marketing automation system (Salesforce, Marketo, etc).
- Experience with Luminate Online a plus.
- Strong communication and time management skills; ability to translate business needs into data points and performance goals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability tocollaborate effectively across teams
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Passion for Central Park and urban park management a plus
Salary range: $74K to $93K based on experience
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
The Central Park Conservancy’s work is guided by the belief that Central Park, and all public parks, must be managed and actively protected as an inclusive and democratic space for all. Working closely with our New York City partners, we will always strive towards creating and sustaining a sense of belonging for all visitors and advocating for equitable and accessible public use of the Park.
In service of this belief, we are committed to fostering a workforce and organizational culture that is as diverse as Central Park itself and the dynamic city it serves.
About Central Park Conservancy
Central Park is New York City’s 843-acre backyard, an essential space that welcomes over 42 million visitors annually. The City of New York has entrusted the Central Park Conservancy with the complete day-to-day care of this iconic public space, which requires dedicated expertise that we’ve honed during our 40-year history. Over 300 Conservancy employees tend to the Park’s complex maintenance, restoration, and architectural needs—from horticulture, tree and turf care, trash management, visitor services, and much more—resulting from massive use.
As the stewards of the Park, the Conservancy is committed to serving the public’s best interests and providing the oversight and expertise necessary to ensure that this world-class greenspace is accessible to all. Funded primarily by individual donations, we will raise and invest nearly $100 million into the Park’s care this year with the sole mission of protecting and improving Central Park in perpetuity. Not only does this allow the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation to allocate nearly its entire budget to other parks, but we help generate more than $1 billion in annual economic activity and 5,000 local jobs—a true partnership with the City for the people of New York.
Want to learn more about Central Park Conservancy? Visit Central Park Conservancy's website.
Home of the world’s best books.