Confidential Company, Seattle, WA USA
Cascade Public Media is hiring!
Salary: $84,000- $93,500 annually
Work closely with the VP of Media and Innovation and funnel team and stakeholders throughout the organization to help define the next generation of Cascade Public Media digital products which measurably grow audience, membership and impact while demonstrating CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Salary Range: $84,000- $93,500 annually
Benefits information can be found here
Seattle, hybrid schedule available, must reside in WA State
Proof of vaccination required for employment
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. We deeply value applicants from diverse lived experiences and backgrounds.
- Responsible for product roadmap, which is based on priorities set by the product lead and input from/coordination with the funnel team, findings from user testing/analytics, etc.
- Manage the product-development process, continuing to fine-tune our work process to maximize results, based on member growth and satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with dedicated UX resource(s) and product manager on the product-design pipeline, ensuring we’re properly prioritizing and scheduling all products
- Ensure smooth hand-off from product to development teams, and then back to stakeholders
- Manage dev teamwork to avoid overbooking. Maintain enough product capacity/agility to respond to curveballs from PBS (eg: DRM), marketplace (Passport in Canada), technology, etc.
- Research product-market fit and the competitive landscape to ensure we’re building products that delight our users and members
- Assist the organization to nimbly and creatively capitalize on the latest market and digital trends
- Create product requirements with prioritized features to drive value in short evolutionary delivery cycles
- Write product specifications and define KPIs for features and products
- Ensure our products are economically viable while staying true to our core mission to 'Inspire a Smarter World'
- Assist to drive technology build, buy (or borrow from PBS digital) decisions
- Collect and analyze stakeholder requirements
- Work with product, sponsorship and fundraising teams to identify and act upon and monetization levers
- Ensure analytics capabilities are baked into all products
- Conduct hands-on quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing
- Establish user-testing practice
- Work with the development team to manage backlog of feature requirements and to communicate our priorities, timelines and big-picture strategy persuasively across teams and stakeholders
- Oversee new product roll-out, creating user documentation, training materials, customer support scripts, etc.
- Manage products and content via Content Management Systems, streaming video software, personalization platforms, etc.
- Continually improve our process and products
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Familiarity with agile project management required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Design, UX, Programming and or Project Management skills/experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Digital Product Management certification preferred
- Minimum two-years experience working in a web or mobile publishing and/or development environment
- CMS experience required (experience with Drupal preferred)
- Experience building digital products for television, media and/or journalism organizations
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, holidays as needed
About Confidential Company
CPM's roots are in public broadcasting. KCTS Television went on-air in 1954 from the campus of the University of Washington. In 1970, KCTS 9 became part of the newly formed Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and has been providing the Northwest with trusted, quality programming for more than 50 years.
The station broadcasts throughout Western Washington and is retransmitted through many parts of Canada. In 1994, KCTS 9 and PBS member station KYVE 47 in Yakima merged, extending the organization's audience into Central Washington State.
In 2015, KCTS 9 announced a digital-first strategy, producing local content for multiple media platforms — online, mobile, social media, and broadcast — to expand its reach and service to audiences of all ages. Later that year, KCTS Television merged with Crosscut Public Media to form Cascade Public Media. In 2018, CPM opened Hive Media Lab and acquired Piranha Partners.
As media and technology continue to evolve, Cascade Public Media is evolving as well. We are committed to serving this region as the premiere local media organization for today and tomorrow.
Want to learn more about Confidential Company? Visit Confidential Company's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands