Associate Director of Sales
No Starch Press, Remote, Work from USA
No Starch Press. We're changing the world, one book at a time.
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
No Starch Press, a fast-growing publisher of quality books for nearly 30 years, seeks an experienced professional to serve as our Associate Director of Sales. We offer a friendly work environment filled with passion, dedication, and a staff who cares. This is a remote position.
You will manage our sales team and work with our marketing staff to create plans to build sales. You will ensure that our products are positioned appropriately both internally and with our distributor, Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS).
You should be able to multitask, manage both teams and individuals, and be able to communicate effectively. You should have the creativity and experience to identify sales trends and help build marketing campaigns. You should be able to evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing sales and marketing programs, and revise as necessary.
You should be a highly-organized, adaptable, self-starter with good communications skills, able to work independently and as part of a team. You should have a passion for books, a willingness to learn about our titles, and extensive experience and knowledge of the book publishing industry, sales, and marketing.
Among your responsibilities you will:
- Establish sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Manage our tight-knit sales team.
- Analyze markets to determine sales potential and inventory requirements.
- Oversee sales channels and accounts handled directly by our distributor, PRHPS.
- Deliver sales presentations.
- Provide feedback regarding sales rep sell-in and account needs.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and marketing department direction.
- Provide essential sales functions, including creating sales materials, order processing and tracking, and some direct account outreach
- Develop and implement strategies to meet company's sales goals and maximize revenue
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive with strong follow-up skills
- A four year college degree
- 10+ years experience in book publishing
- 5+ years employee management
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Bonus potential
About No Starch Press
No Starch Press was founded in 1994 and is one of the most admired and respected technical book publishing companies in the world. Our independent company continues to turn tech book publishing on its head by opening new markets and demonstrating, time and again, that geeks still love print books. We value collaboration and creativity, we’re passionate about quality, and we aim to make our readers happy. We seek people who are committed to our ideals and who value quality in everything that they do.
As our founder likes to say, “We’re changing the world, one book at a time.”
Want to learn more about No Starch Press? Visit No Starch Press's website.
Home of the world’s best books.