Freelance lifestyle editor (part-time)
Philadelphia magazine, Remote, Work from USA
Work at Philadelphia magazine
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Philadelphia magazine seeks a new editor for Scout, its front-of-book print magazine section. Scout covers a bit of everything lifestyle—shopping, fashion, beauty, wellness, real estate, interior design, travel, etc.—with lively, quippy copy, wry trend commentary, and beautiful photography. It runs between six and nine pages each month.
This is a part-time contract position based in Philadelphia. Responsibilities include:
- Brainstorming page topics
- Writing 60 to 70 percent of the content, editing other writers on 20 to 30 percent of the additional content,
- Working with our research team to fact-check the pages
- Collaborating with our award-winning design team on art concepts for each page.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An insider’s knowledge of Philadelphia’s creative scene
- A strong vision for how we can highlight the city’s many artists, makers, small businesses and other services to best benefit our audience
- A keen eye for visual storytelling in the print medium
- A commitment to inclusive coverage.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter, a résumé, and links to their portfolio or three to five relevant clips. Magazine experience preferred but not required.
Philadelphia magazine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.