Manager, Events & Consumer Marketing
Boston Magazine, Boston, MA USA
Work at Boston Magazine
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Metro Corp. is the publisher of Boston and Philadelphia magazines and originator of the powerful “Best of Boston” and “Best of Philly” franchises. For decades, we have been the recognized authorities of our regions, using unforgettable content—award-winning writing and photography, buzzed-about events, impactful social media—to reach the most desirable audiences in our markets.
Manage and oversee the planning and execution of assigned in-person, virtual, and hybrid events involving Boston magazine, Boston Weddings, Boston Home and other company ancillary publications and channels.
Reports To: Director, Consumer & Events Marketing
Evaluated By: Director, Consumer & Events Marketing
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4-6 years of experience in planning and managing large-scale special events from conceptualization to production.
- 2-3 years of experience with marketing promotions and campaigns that drive awareness and event ticket sales.
- Virtual and physical events production experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of many challenges
- Ability to prioritize and adaptable to change
- Ability to create brand experiences that enhance reputation and brand awareness by leveraging multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Create event content/subject matter and procure all event talent including, but not limited to, speakers, panelists, moderators, hosts, registration staff, and brand ambassadors.
- Negotiate contracts and manage all production vendors including, but not limited to, video production, photography, tenting, furniture, florals, restrooms, lighting/sound, entertainment, security, and volunteers.
- Create all event-related planning documents including timeline, run of show, talent guidelines, and volunteer instructions.
- Survey, compile, and analyze event data to assess ROI and determine attendee insights, registration patterns, and program/content success.
- Conceptualize and oversee in-book, email, digital, social and out of home marketing strategy for assigned events
- Manage and grow Boston Mag Events social media platform
- Execute and manage all sponsorships pertaining to assigned event to meet/exceed client expectation
- Contribute to brainstorms for new ideas, sponsorships and events
- Work/attend events in and outside of the office on nights, weekends, holidays, etc. as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different backgrounds and perspectives make us a better company. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to have a staff that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals and other groups historically underrepresented in the publishing and media industry. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Create the extraordinary.