Director, Events & Consumer Marketing
Boston Magazine, Boston, MA USA
Work at Boston Magazine
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
Metro Corp. is the publisher of Boston and Philadelphia magazines and originator of the powerful “Best of Boston” and “Best of Philly” franchises. For decades, we have been the recognized authorities of our regions, using unforgettable content—award-winning writing and photography, buzzed-about events, impactful social media—to reach the most desirable audiences in our markets.
Manage and oversee the planning and execution of all in-person, virtual, and hybrid events involving Boston magazine, Boston Wedding, Boston Home and other company ancillary publications and channels.
Reports To: Senior Director, Marketing
Evaluated By: Senior Director, Marketing
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-10 years of experience in planning and managing large-scale special events from conceptualization to production.
- 3-5 years’ experience with marketing promotions and campaigns that drive awareness and event ticket sales.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline.
- Must possess good leadership qualities at all times
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with hiring, onboarding and managing a team
- Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks in the face of many challenges
- Ability to prioritize and adaptable to change
- Ability to create brand experiences that enhance reputation and brand awareness by leveraging multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Manages Boston magazine’s Consumer & Events Marketing department staff and assigns responsibilities throughout department
- Manage and report on event, sales campaign & department budgets and expenses
- Negotiate contracts and manage all production vendors including, but limited to, video production, photography, tenting, furniture, florals, restrooms, lighting/sound, entertainment, security, and volunteers.
- Create event content/subject matter and procure all event talent including, but not limited to, speakers, panelists, moderators, hosts, registration staff, and brand ambassadors.
- Create all event-related planning documents including timeline, run of show, talent guidelines, and volunteer instructions.
- Survey, compile, and analyze event data to assess ROI and determine attendee insights, registration patterns, and program/content success.
- Conceptualize and oversee in-book, email, digital, social and out of home marketing strategy for events
- Conceptualize and manage new events to the current line-up for Boston magazine, sponsors and 3rd Party relationships
- Oversee Boston magazine Events social media accounts and digital channel
- Manage relationship with Integrated Marketing, Sales and Clients (event sponsors) on proposals, pricing and requests to develop bespoke event experiences
- Facilitate communications with Philadelphia magazine events team to share ideas and foster consistent event best practices
- Responsible for marketing, media & trade partnerships in terms of negotiating terms, introducing new partnerships and evaluating/renewing existing partnerships
- Attend networking events and vendor meetings
- Work/attend events in and outside of the office on nights, weekends, holidays, etc. as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different backgrounds and perspectives make us a better company. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal is to have a staff that is representative of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals and other groups historically underrepresented in the publishing and media industry. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Sr. Manager, Technology Operations, Playback Services, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Director, International Program Management, Technology Delivery
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York