Digital Product Manager
Consumer Reports, New York, NY or Yonkers, NY
Work at Consumer Reports
Join the CR digital team, focused on engaging and empowering consumers to reshape the marketplace and protect consumer rights. This position will work closely with CR's Marketplace Change teams on issues including financial fairness, digital rights/privacy, sustainability, and product safety.
This position will be eventually based in our Yonkers, New York office so only candidates who currently reside in the tri-state area will be considered for this role.
What you will do
- Run and provide daily direction to a cross-functional agile team, overseeing the backlog, standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives. Balance and prioritize roadmap initiatives based on user needs and short and long term organization objectives.
- Working on a variety of projects and initiatives you will work with stakeholders across the organization including digital and IT, marketing, content, testing, research, advocacy, mobilization and finance.
- Develop an expert understanding of the competitive landscape and our audiences to improve our user experience. Help map user journeys based on personas and drive personalized experiences.
- Identify opportunities and solutions to meet consumer needs, and translate them into requirements, stories and supporting artifacts that articulate simple, elegant solutions.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative research findings with data and analytics to gain insights, make informed decisions and identify opportunities.
- Work with our UX and engineering teams to develop prototypes, A/B tests and other experiments to validate hypotheses. Define metrics and KPIs to track success and allow us to make informed, data-driven decisions.
- You have at least 3 years of consumer-facing product management experience, accountable for P&L, growth, customer satisfaction and other benchmarks for success.
- You have experience with agile processes and in balancing long term goals with progressive, iterative deliverables.
- You have extensive experience with SEO and A/B testing.
- You are proficient with Google Apps suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, etc.) and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), JIRA, prototyping, personalization and testing tools.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Consumer Reports
At CR, we believe our continued ability to understand and advance the interests of all American consumers is possible only if our staff fully reflects the full cultural, racial and ethnic diversity of those consumers.
Consumer Reports is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Consumer Reports
We are an independent, nonprofit organization that works side by side with consumers to create a fairer, safer, and healthier world. We do it by fighting to put consumers’ needs first in the marketplace and by empowering them with the trusted knowledge they depend on to make better, more informed choices.
Our objective is simple: for all employees to feel supported so that they’re set up for success.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
Create the extraordinary.