Program Manager, Social Media - Advocacy
Consumer Reports, New York, NY
Work at Consumer Reports
From mobilizing consumers on Facebook to hosting Twitter chats that help answer consumers’ questions on important topics, the social media program manager will highlight CR’s efforts to secure strong pro-consumer policies and practices in government and across industries. You’ll collaborate with our mobilization, marketing, and design teams to drive engagement in support of our marketplace change strategies, especially among younger and diverse audiences.
Your social media expertise will also influence how we engage on these platforms with both our members and audiences new to CR and help us amplify consumers’ voices to make change.
If you care about making a difference and think social media is an effective platform to make change, let’s connect. Be sure to include a cover letter letting us know why you’re the right fit for the position, along with links to some of your most successful social media campaigns.
What you will do
- Manage and grow CR’s presence on Facebook and Twitter, and other similar community sites as needed
- Advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Ideate campaigns designed to attract new and diverse audiences
- Using Sprinklr, monitor posts and commentary across Facebook and Twitter on a daily basis
- Work with mobilization, marketing, content, design and video teams to create engaging social media posts that support audience goals
- Prepare creative briefs and organize assets
- Coordinate with CR partner organizations on mobilization campaigns
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns
- Regularly provide insights gained from social media monitoring to help inform and evolve organizational strategies
- You have advanced knowledge and understanding of Facebook and Twitter
- You have worked with nonprofit organizations
- Your experience includes working with digital advocacy teams
- Your demonstrated success in social media campaigns includes audience engagement and growth of brand presence and is supported by data and metrics
- You have experience engaging and attracting young and diverse audiences
- You have proficiency with Sprinklr or a similar platform
- You are proficient in social listening and community management
- You are comfortable working collaboratively and cross functionally
It’s a plus if :
- You have knowledge of other social platforms including Instagram, YouTube or TikTok
Remote available in these states: NY, CT, TX, CA, DC, AZ, VT, MA
About Consumer Reports
We are an independent, nonprofit organization that works side by side with consumers to create a fairer, safer, and healthier world. We do it by fighting to put consumers’ needs first in the marketplace and by empowering them with the trusted knowledge they depend on to make better, more informed choices.
Our objective is simple: for all employees to feel supported so that they’re set up for success.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands