Digital Product Manager
Consumer Reports, New York, NY, Yonkers, NY, Washington, DC, San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, Colchester, CT
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization
CR is looking for a proactive, collaborative and creative product manager to join our team and help improve our user experience, membership journeys and affiliate shopping growth. This role will focus on growth across our digital platforms.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning digital team at this unique independent consumer-only nonprofit organization.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization, including our affiliate Shopping team, marketing, content, testing, research and analytics to execute a variety of projects and initiatives and make insightful recommendations to maximize impact
- Work with Senior PM in running and providing direction to a cross-functional agile team.
- Balance and prioritize roadmap initiatives based on user needs and short and long term organizational objectives
- Identify opportunities to meet consumer needs, and translate them into requirements
- Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and our target audiences and help map persona-driven user journeys to drive personalized experiences
- Work with our UX and engineering teams to develop prototypes, A/B tests and other experiments to validate hypotheses
- Define metrics and KPIs to track success and allow us to make informed, data-driven decisions
- Minimum 4 years of product management experience, with at least 3 years working on a consumer facing product
- Experience with affiliate networks and a deep understanding of ecommerce and consumer shopping behaviors
- Experience with agile processes and in balancing long term goals with progressive, iterative deliverables.
- Track record of collaborating and an ability to communicate effectively with other product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to build consensus and help make decisions
- Proficient with Google Apps suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, etc.) and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), JIRA, prototyping and testing tools
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.