Senior Experience Designer-Innovation
Consumer Reports, New York, NY, Yonkers, NY, Washington, DC
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization
Salary: Our mission starts with you. In addition to competitive salary, we offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Salary min: $140,000
Salary max: $150,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
As a Senior Experience Designer at Consumer Reports, you will help launch new products that change people’s lives for the better. While you’ll report to the Director, User Experience you’ll be supporting our New Ventures Innovation Team. This new, agile in-house start up team is testing and launching digital products that bring positive and lasting impact to consumers in the key areas of personal finance, data privacy, home management, and safety. Our newly launched and Webby-nominated all-in-one home maintenance app, UpKept, is a great example of the kind of projects you’ll be working on alongside this team.
Under our CRFlex program, this is a hybrid position that is eligible for remote work.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Your design talents will help us ideate, launch, and grow brand new digital products. You’ll work side by side with our product and user research teams to identify and then solve for key user problem spaces. You will turn user research into actionable animated experience prototypes, You will be an advocate for the user and help solve some of the most challenging problems.
You'll Be Highly Rated for this position if:
- You are an experienced User Experience practitioner. You have 5+ years of practical experience with a minimum of 2 years in a Lead role at either an agency, a commercial Web site, or startups.
- You are a collaborative leader. You’re comfortable overseeing working sessions with the team to help problem solve and brainstorm.
- You can innovate and iterate. You have used and applied start-up principles and design thinking methodologies to user research, experience strategy, and digital product strategy.
- You have a proven track record in usable interfaces and responsive products with a specialty in mobile.
- You are a digital native. You understand the technologies used in building digital experiences that provide the best end user experience.
- You have a relevant degree. You have earned a Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field such as Info Architecture, User Research.
- You are a constant design and digital learner. You can keep pace with new technologies and agile processes and are interested in and proficient in all modern design tools.
You'll Be One of Our Top Picks for this position if:
You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy blazing new trails and don’t mind ambiguity. You acknowledge when you don't have the answer and enjoy the thrill of discovery and learning. You’re not afraid to fail and learn quickly in order to seize new opportunities.
Please note: YOU MUST SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED PRIOR TO YOUR START DATE.
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands