Product Marketing Manager, New Ventures
Consumer Reports, Yonkers, NY USA
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization
Salary min: $120,000
Salary max: $140,000
CR’s New Ventures team discovers, incubates, and grows new products and services designed to solve thorny consumer problems. Working on the New Ventures team feels a lot like working at a startup—we're a small, nimble, collaborative, and creative team that's dedicated to impact. But we also work regular hours and offer the stability of working for an established non-profit. We respect work-life balance and work on a double bottom line—generating impact and revenue.
As Marketing Product Manager, you will report to the Associate Director, New Ventures and will focus on developing paid and organic marketing strategies for new products at Consumer Reports, including Upkept, our recently-launched home maintenance app.
Under our CRFlex program, this position is eligible for remote work.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
In this position, you’ll own the execution of projects across content marketing, social media, community management, influencer marketing, performance marketing, and more. Working with internal and external partners, you drive results by collaborating on a strategy based on data, testing, user research and consumer feedback to help market products designed to help further CR’s mission to create a fairer, safer and more equitable marketplace. You will also be responsible for management of our UpKept community.
As a marketing innovator, you’re always one step ahead of the curve -- making sure we’re executing on time, taking advantage of unique marketing opportunities, and optimizing existing campaigns.
- You have the experience. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 4 years of product marketing or growth marketing experience on digital products mobile apps and subscription products. This includes campaign creation, audience targeting, and segmentation and a strong understanding of paid user acquisition flows and measurement.
- You test and try. You use A/B testing and data to make informed product marketing decisions.
- You have an appetite for experimentation. Your proven experience includes ideation and and presenting new concepts, strategies, and ideas for growing products, improving experiences and process.
- You value collaboration. You have experience managing relationships with outside agencies and working closely with others in a matrixed organization.
- You are invested in championing a cause for consumers. Your experience includes analyzing user behavior and measuring the impact of experiments on user acquisition and engagement
You’ll Be Our Top Pick If:
- You’ve earned a related degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- You’ve used marketing platforms and tools. Familiarity with Woopra and Kochava a plus.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED PRIOR TO YOUR START DATE.
Our Commitment to Fair Pay
At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $120,000-$140,000. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience.
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
Home of the world’s best books.