Director of Data Acquisition, Consumer Products
Consumer Reports, Yonkers, NY USA
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization
Data drives all of the work we do at CR. It supports and inspires our stories read by millions of people, determines how we evaluate products and services that consumers need, and helps provide fact-based, actionable insights to the public sector and the industries we cover, all in service of CR’s mission and purpose.
As Director, Data Partnerships you will report to the Chief Research Officer. You will partner with other members of the Research, Testing and Insights division and our New Products and Services team in order to identify external product performance and safety data sources that can help strengthen and grow our product and service offerings in the areas of electronics, home and appliances, automobiles, financial services, food and health.
Under our CRFlex program, this is eligible for remote work!
How You'll Make An Impact:
You’ll play a leadership role in helping CR fuel change and innovation in the marketplace by helping us expand our reach and impact for consumers.
Working closely with internal stakeholders to understand our current data sources and methods and pinpoint critical analytics gaps, you will develop a strategic plan focused on identifying external product performance and safety data sources.
You’ll research and explore opportunities in both the public and private sector, executing acquisition contracts and processes that meet CR’s data governance, digital rights, and privacy best practices.
You'll Be Highly Rated If:
- You have seven years of progressively senior roles managing data acquisition within an applied business in a B2B space.
- You have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- You have industry experience. You’ve held a similar role in an industry related to CR’s current product and service offerings.
- You have a proven track record combining multiple technical data types to meet specific consumer and/or business needs in order to generate new products and develop B2B sharing partnerships.
- You’ve managed others. You have supervised a team, providing work direction, feedback and development opportunities.
You'll Be Our Top Pick If:
- You have earned an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- You’re data driven. You have a foundational understanding of how to securely store, analyze and assess large data sets of varied types and have an aptitude for assessing and identifying how technical data can be applied to meet a defined business objective.
- You’re a critical thinker and solutions oriented. You can objectively approach a problem to envision multiple solutions, incorporating suggestions from subject matter experts as needed.
- You have cultivated relationships and partnerships that were actionable and beneficial to all parties.
- You are a respected leader. You understand the importance of developing the skills, development and performance of your direct reports.
Our Commitment to Fair Pay--At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $190,000 to $215,000. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience.
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.