Product Manager, Brand Licensing
Consumer Reports, New York, NY USA
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization
Salary min: $130,000
Salary max: $150,000
Brand Licensing is CR’s newest and fastest growing product line, helping consumers make key product and service decisions, when and where they need guidance most.
As a Product Manager on this team, you’ll report to the General Manager, Brand Licensing to conceive new products that showcase CR’s unique, high value product ratings, reviews and recommendations on manufacturer and retailer (e-commerce, in-store) platforms.
If you’re energized by the idea of creating and iterating in a small, growing), and highly collaborative environment (much like a start-up) but want the stability of doing so for an established, highly respected, non-profit brand, this is a position with your name on it!
Under our CRFlex program, this position is eligible for remote work.
How You'll Make An Impact:
You’ll oversee the development of licensed content that helps consumers make key product and service buying decisions across their shopping journey while simultaneously guiding manufacturers towards creating and marketing products that support CR’s mission to create a safer and more equitable marketplace.
You’ll brainstorm, design, market test and iterate based on your expert understanding of the marketplace from both a manufacturer and consumer perspective. As product owner you’ll lead internal and external resources and subject matter experts to utilize market research and industry intelligence to help inform opportunities based on key consumer and industry trends. You’ll also lead/collaborate on efforts to to build business cases, product roadmaps and go-to-market plans.
You’ll Be Highly Rated If:
- You’ve done this before. You have three to five years of proven product manager work experience and strong business acumen has led to the development of highly-scaled, data driven products that generate significant revenue.
- You’ve owned the early product development lifecycle. This includes accountability for financial, customer, and other commonly understood industry benchmarks for success.
- You understand that collaboration is key. You’ve worked in a matrixed environment that involved working with different stakeholders and teams across the organization.
- Multitasking is your superpower. Your project management skills keep you and your partners on task and on budget.
- You have a college degree. A BS or BA in a relevant discipline is required.
You’ll Be Our Top Pick:
- You have a consumer-first orientation that comes from developing products in both a B2B and B2C environment. .
- You listen to learn. You communicate effectively and can influence at all levels of the organization.
- You know that user-experience matters! You have a passion for user experience and human-centered design.
- You have an MBA degree.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED PRIOR TO
YOUR START DATE.
Our Commitment to Fair Pay:
At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $130,000- 150,000. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience.
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.