Senior Product Manager
Consumer Reports, New York, NY USA
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization
CR’s New Ventures team creates and iterates products designed to solve thorny consumer problems. Working on the New Ventures team feels a lot like working at a startup—we're a small, nimble, collaborative and creative team that's dedicated to impact. But we also work regular hours and offer the stability of working for an established non-profit. We respect work-life balance and work on a double bottom line—generating impact and revenue. The Senior Product Manager will report to the Sr. Director, New Ventures.
You’ll feel right at home at CR if:
- You love finding new and unique ways to solve problems.
- Have taken something from 0 to 1, from an unmet customer need to an MVP
- Are passionate about fairness and want to do good while doing well.
Under our CRFlex program, this position is eligible for remote work.
This is an opportunity to build meaningful products in FinTech that 1) address unmet needs 2) reach communities that have been left out by mainstream solutions 3) advance CR’s non-profit mission and goals around more financial fairness.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- You will bring a startup founder’s energy to getting things done. And because you are an entrepreneurial technologist yourself, you’ll roll up your sleeves and get involved in technical and design details. You know that building great products requires not just constant attention to user needs, but also pride and craftsmanship on the part of the builder.
- You will identify product concepts. That are based in unmet customer needs that CR is uniquely positioned to meet.
- Test and try. You will lead the development rapid prototypes, test and validate towards product market fit.
- You use data to develop insights and drive product development. Turn data into action towards continuous product and marketing improvements.
- You have expertise across many functional areas. Your new product experience has touched on multiple functional areas such as Product Management, FinTech, Marketing and Design.
- You lead change. You know how to inspire and galvanize teams, have experience managing stakeholders, leading through influence, and building cross-functional support to drive forward momentum.
- You’re unapologetically user-centric. You believe there’s no business value without user value. You put the user first and use your sharp product instinct and insatiable curiosity about what motivates behavior to build intuitive, engaging, and delightful experiences that maximize business impact.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy blazing new trails and don’t mind ambiguity. You acknowledge when you don't have the answer and enjoy the thrill of discovery and learning. You’re not afraid to fail and learn quickly in order to seize new opportunities.
- You have the necessary educational background. A BA is required.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE FULLY VACCINATED PRIOR TO YOUR START DATE.
Our Commitment to Fair Pay:
At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $155,000-$175,000. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience. Salary ranges for union positions are determined by collective bargaining agreement with the NewsGuild of New York.
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone.
Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match (10%!). Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm
Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Want to learn more about Consumer Reports? Visit Consumer Reports's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands