Homes.com (a subsidiary of CoStar Group) is a growing marketplace, reimagining the home search experience for consumers and agents alike. Home buyers can get an insider look at the experience, lifestyle and vibe of neighborhoods where they want to live. And agents have access to innovative tools for growing their business and collaborating with their clients. Connecting interested buyers directly to the listing agent is at the heart of everything we do.
CoStar Group has 20+ years' experience in leading digital marketplaces. We are looking to add an organized and driven leader to our team to help manage the daily operations of the residential content team for Homes.com. This role will be supported by our growth and innovation at our expanding global campus in Richmond, Virginia.
As Managing Editor, you be critical to the success of the Homes.com residential narrative content. Reporting to the VP, Residential Content, you will closely monitor schedules, workflow and staff to help us reach our goal of building out the best descriptions of neighborhoods, parks, and schools in every city in the United States. This content will help families, individuals, real estate agents, owners, investors, lenders and more discover communities and drive decisions on residential real estate.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day operations and deadlines for the Homes.com content team.
- Assist HR with team recruitment and onboarding.
- Work closely with the Editorial Director to strategize daily, weekly and monthly goals.
- Prioritize work for writers and editors by watching closely over schedules and enforcing deadlines.
- Identify cross-department priorities and workflow issues by collaborating regularly with the photography and videography teams.
- Resolve issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with team leads to ensure continued mentorship of the staff.
- Assist as needed in quality control of content by evaluating final copy for compliance.
- Work as a liaison to other key departments such as legal or the dev team.
- Report to the VP any key performance indicators with regards to the timeliness or quality of content as well as any editorial workflow recommendations.
- 7+ years in a senior-level management role
- Degree in communications, journalism or English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep working knowledge of copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Strong editorial judgement and ability to understand consumer behavior
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Minimum degree earned: Bachelor’s
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience leading a team of people managers
- Experience with creating effective KPIs, being results-oriented
- Analytical approach with the ability to interpret information and trends, adapting quickly
- Ability to interact at all levels and establish rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing retention strategies
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands