Digital Asset Management Specialist, News
CoStar Group, Washington, DC USA
Work at CoStar Group
CoStar is seeking a digital asset management specialist. As a DAM Specialist in the news and research department supporting CoStar’s global operations, you will assist the Creative Director/DAM Manager with the organization, discovery, and preservation of a global creative digital asset library. You will be training others in the creation or preservation of digital resources and the use of the DAM. Additionally, you will advise teams and individual users in all markets and sub-brands in searching and appropriate usage use of assets. The candidate will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to support and advance the development of the Digital Asset Management vision, guiding principles, prioritized use cases, and roadmap. She/he should possess a solid knowledge of digital asset formats, editorial vs RF photography copyright laws, all-digital creative development processes, and the ability to work self-sufficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as a primary person maintaining CoStar’s DAM library and reviewing metadata for compliance
- Assist with CoStar’s digital library maintenance on an ongoing basis; assist with managing news photography resources and migrations to DAM.
- Assist in-house editorial team and conduct research to locate photography for daily articles
- Assist DAM manager with auditing and adhere to brand guidelines ensuring news photography is on style and on specs
- Working as a second-level Digital Asset Management admin, support CoStar Research--Architectural Photographers and News team, and various stakeholders with asset consolidation and classification. Assets include CoStar captured media and outsourced assets images; Transfer and catalog large volumes of digital assets
- Actively promote data consistency to support common standards and analytics, and help Improve DAM operations management ensuring regulatory compliance
- Refine and maintain a metadata entry protocol, and work with various stakeholders across the enterprise to refine metadata and taxonomy guidelines for digital asset classification.
- Conduct periodic metadata verification review processes to ensure data accuracy and to support easy and consistent search and delivery of assets
- Working with the Creative Director, News, assist in crafting the 1, 2 and 3-year roadmap for incremental process improvements and DAM strategic direction, in support of CoStar Group’s expansion and business initiatives.
- Work with CoStar’s Social Media manager to coordinate posts for news
- Work independently while within a team environment
- Ability to solve problems in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with descriptive metadata standards and content management systems
- Thoughtful, analytical, possessing attention to detail and strong collaboration skills; ability to engage in constructive dialogue about the work and embrace an environment of learning, entrepreneurship and caring for shared goals
- Good eye for photography, and photo/video editing skills required.
- Basic understanding of copyright laws and best practices
- Basic familiarity with integrated systems
- 2-3+ years of experience processing and cataloging visual content including photos, videos, and associated meta data
- 2-3+ years of experience with Digital Asset Management solutions such as Widen, Brandfolder, Bynder or a similar system
- 1+ years of experience with Adobe Photoshop; Basic knowledge of Premiere, After Effects desired
- Strong digital asset management and organizational skills and the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Experience/ familiarity with graphic formats for Social Media
- Commitment to continuous learning and improving skills in all areas of digital applications.
- College degree required; completed training or current enrollment in an The Master of Library and Information Science, also referred to as the Master of Library and Information Studies, (MLIS), or Bachelor of Library Science (BLIS) desired
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.