UX Product Designer, Residential – Washington, DC
Homes.com is reimagining the home search experience for consumers and agents alike. We are empowering people to discover homes, share insights and make connections on their terms – disrupting a multi-billion industry.
Already one of the fastest growing real estate portals in the industry, we are driven to be #1. Just ask Brad Bellflower, Chief Change Officer at Apartments.com. After its acquisition in 2014, Apartments.com quickly turned into the most popular place to find a place. Proven success at the highest level – and we’re doing it again with the new Homes.com.
Homes.com is growing quickly and we’re looking for a powerhouse UX Designer, based in Washington, DC to accelerate our growth.
Homes.com is a CoStar Group company with 20+ years' experience in leading and growing digital marketplaces. We pride ourselves on continually improving, innovating, and setting the standard for property search and marketing experiences. With Homes.com we’re building a brand on the cusp of defining the industry. We’re looking for big thinkers, brave leaders, and creative advertising wizards ready to influence a new age of homebuying within a tried-and-true, award-winning company.
As a UX Designer at Homes.com, you will be a driving force in bringing elegant and polished software to life to help buyers find the home of their dreams. You will play an integral role in the operation of a high-functioning and highly collaborative product team. You will partner with both the product managers and engineering leads to architect world-class user journeys, and ship cutting edge software to the fingertips of the millions of unique visitors that come to Homes.com each month. Success in this role is driven by operating with a highly collaborative, team-player mindset. The right candidate will embody a ‘we’ not ‘me’ mindset.
- 4 days onsite / 1 day remote
What you will do
- Lead a design effort including strategy, user flows, prototyping and visual design
- Collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues including product leads, researchers, engineers, marketing leads, and other designers
- Understand customer needs using different research techniques (surveys, interviews, observations, data analysis)
- Set the design standard high, striking the balance between strong usability and aesthetic appeal
- Collaborate with the product team to deliver design solutions using wireframes, flows, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Contribute to our emerging design system with flexible solutions and drive the evolution of our design practices.
- Help elevate the team practices in user testing, research, and interaction design.
Who you are
- You have an excellent design eye and can take a design from ‘good’ to ‘great’
- You have 2-4 years of experience with product design, human-computer interaction, usability and user interface design, and/or visual design
- Strong abilities in sketching, prototyping, and evaluating interaction design
- Proficiency in design tools & prototyping tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Knowledge of the best practices for interaction design for cross-platform devices and applications
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- BA/BS Degree required
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience developing a Design System
- Experience in establishing product metrics
- Enjoy working with data, information and presentation concepts and working with other smart, data driven people
- An interest in real estate is a plus
NOTE: This position requires that you present a portfolio of past projects as part of your application.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segway’s and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Field Research Photographer (M/W/D) - Frankfurt am Main
CoStar Group, Not Home-based (Field) - Frankfurt am Main