The Compliance Manager works as part of the Legal Department’s enterprise compliance and risk management team and will provide subject matter knowledge with national and international compliance standards to ensure governance across CoStar’s global brands and products. This individual will help balance CoStar’s legal and compliance requirements with our internal and external stakeholder needs, and with our company’s values. The Compliance Manager will identify compliance risks and mitigation strategies, coordinate advice from outside counsel, implement controls and processes, manage compliance program workflow, help to resolve challenging compliance problems, and communicate clearly with business stakeholders. This individual will play an important role in supporting the day-to-day execution of our various legal compliance programs, including policy governance, gifts and entertainment requests, privacy operations, data governance, sanctions screening and compliance, and legal compliance training and communications. The role is ideal for someone who is a proactive self-starter and strategic and practical thinker, who has a thirst for knowledge and continued growth, all while working as part of a great legal team.
- Administer and manage the company’s legal compliance programs, including compliance and privacy training
- Work closely with the technology and accounting risk management teams to identify and mitigate enterprise risks, as well as implement controls and processes
- Conduct reviews to identify, assess, and advise on compliance and operational risks and controls
- Develop, enhance and implement risk and compliance policies, procedures and related training
- Oversee the company’s sanctions compliance program and screening
- Support core privacy operations processes, including privacy impact assessments, data subject access requests tracking and fulfillment, personal data mapping, and privacy controls identification and monitoring
- Escalate and resolve project issues, mitigate risks, manage change requests, and monitor project status to ensure on time project delivery
- Collaborate across departments to support the development of programs to tighten data security and governance over our internal and customer data
- Maintain compliance support operations processes and related GRC workflow tools, provide point of contact for business partner compliance related inquiries, and collaborate across teams to ensure compliance and privacy support operations processes are fulfilled and operating smoothly
- Perform risk reporting, creating reports to inform stakeholders and risk owners
- Analyze business initiatives, products and processes to ensure they comply with applicable laws and regulations; and practice sound judgement to effectively assess and balance risk in the provision of compliance advice to the business
- Maintain expert knowledge of applicable law and regulations, keeping up and advising the business on current developments
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of regulatory compliance and project management experience (Project Management Professional certification a plus)
- Detail oriented, well organized and technically-adept
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience with one or more of the following compliance frameworks, controls, and best practices: AICPA Trust Principles (SSAE 18 - SOC 2 and 3), ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 series, regulations governing anti-corruption and bribery, personally identifiable information (PII), and online content, and other regulatory compliance frameworks
- Direct experience working with GRC platforms, such as OneTrust
- Experience with international growth and implementing local jurisdiction-based compliance programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working cross-functionally with a variety of teams, with lawyers and non-lawyers, including software engineering teams, sales teams, and product teams
- Self-starter with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience in compiling, coordinating, and analyzing regulatory compliance requirement data
- Experience with compliance audits and assessments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a risk management role in a global enterprise
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Field Research Photographer (M/W/D) - Dortmund – Essen
CoStar Group, Not Home-based (Field) - Dortmund – Essen
Field Research Photographer (M/W/D) - Frankfurt am Main
CoStar Group, Not Home-based (Field) - Frankfurt am Main