CoStar Group is the world’s leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are part of the NASDAQ 100 as well as the S&P 500 with a market cap of over $30B.+ As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors and government agencies. We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune’s fastest growing companies (2020).
STR was acquired in October 2019 as a division of CoStar Group, Inc. We are a benchmarking company, and the trusted partner for all market participants including many of the most well-respected hotel brands, individual owners, brokers, lenders, institutional investors, government agencies and service providers. We do this by providing research, data, analytics, innovative tools, and powerful marketing platforms in the US and internationally.
As a successful Account Manager Mediterranean for STR, based in Madrid or London, your role will be to nurture and grow your existing client base and source new business across the Mediterranean:
- Nurture client relationships and build strong rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers alike
- Qualify new leads and bring leads through the pre-defined sales cycle to close on new business
- Be an expert in your assigned territory and account base providing valuable insights at all touch points
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in STR products and methodology and share this knowledge with customers, identifying their needs and presenting solutions
- Own the full sales cycle including but not limited to prospecting, lead qualification and nurturing, closing the sale, onboarding, training and subscription renewal
- Remain client-focused and empathetic through all interactions with a focus on data and revenue retention and growth
- Represent STR by hosting and attending industry events, exhibitions, webinars, market-wide presentations and also by networking
- At all times, demonstrate your skills as a team player, collaborating with your internal peers and stakeholders allowing for creativity to source the best solutions for your customers and territory
- Creativity, agility, resilience and determination are just some of the characteristics you will require to be successful at STR
- Responsibility to retain and grow sample participation in your assigned territory through client acquisition and retention, fulfilment of client data provision and improved data delivery through automation.
- Responsibility to retain and grow revenues in your assigned territory by nurturing client relationships, identifying new stakeholders and interested parties to promote new opportunities for product sales (ad-hoc or subscription)
- Identify opportunities for further data and revenue growth through new client acquisition, expanding STR’s client base to interested parties such as owners and management companies, local associations and vendors
- Drive brand awareness through collaborative marketing activity, industry events and exhibitions, market-wide presentations and webinars
Full Sales Cycle
- The Mediterranean Region covers Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Israel.
- Follow a pre-defined sales process for the purpose of sales efficiency and to maximize results
- Prospect new customers for new or complementary data points and new revenue
- Generate new leads through proactive research of Census leads, networking and attendance of industry events.
- Refine existing and generate new business through existing client base – with a particular focus on leads generated by market-specific webinars and activity
- Expose your prospects needs and present solutions
- Close Opportunities efficiently and ensure seamless onboarding
- Offer training to all stakeholders before, during and after the sale is complete
- Through continued client engagement, maintain and grow STR’s client base
- Manipulate and interpret various data sources to address business questions.
- Explain insights to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate on market-level initiatives for new product launches
- Collaborate on market-level initiatives for operational transitions
- Collaborate on company-wide initiatives in line with business needs eg. Data and debt collection
- Collaborate across all internal operational and client-facing departments to ensure client journey success
- Maintain Census and CRM to a high standard, tracking all field knowledge, sales activity and client engagement
- Agree sales strategies and initiatives for assigned territory with Regional Manager, Southern Europe
- Deliver on agreed business development activity
- Monitor client engagement, sales cycle progression and report with regularity to Regional Manager
- Achieve pre-defined targets
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years’ experience as an Account Manager in the tourism/travel industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or a related field preferred
- Native Spanish & fluent English speaker
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Some domestic travel required
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. As well as having an outstanding working environment based in iconic buildings the Shard and BluFin. Other perks include full private medical cover, dental cover, Life Assurance and member rewards, 28 days annual leave, a competitive pension, season ticket loans, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, birthday lunches and much more!
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet the number 1 commercial real estate marketplace; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry. Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 5,300 worldwide.
At CoStar, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
However, we particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the commercial real estate industry.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.