Are you a stellar visual storyteller? Join us at Homes.com as we create top-tier content to support buyers, sellers, and real estate agents at all phases of the home-search process.
As a senior video editor for Homes.com (a subsidiary of CoStar Group), you'll be part of a team crafting stories that give home buyers a street-level window into the lifestyle and vibe of neighborhoods throughout the country as they shop for their new homes. And you're helping agents grow their business by connecting with new clients.
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be a critical thinker and a creative problem solver. You'll draw on experience in commercial shoots, documentary-style storytelling and marketing content to create engaging, persuasive, and entertaining visuals for all corners of Homes.com. Multiple rounds of changes and feedback are part of the job, so adaptability is a must.
CoStar Group has 20+ years of experience in leading digital marketplaces. This role will be supported by our growth and innovation at our expanding global campus in Richmond, Virginia.
You'll be an integral part of our stellar team of writers, editors, and photographers striving to produce the best content in our industry. There's no place like Homes.com.
HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE. 4 DAYS IN OFFICE, 1 DAY WORK FROM HOME. RELOCATION TO RICHMOND, VA REQUIRED
- Edit high-quality short-form and long-form video projects.
- Capable of editing with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Edit on-cam interview content into cohesive storytelling short and long-form content.
- Edit marketing, docu-style, multi-cam post, greenscreen, and location-style videos.
- Proficiency in animation and motion graphics creation through After Effects, Motion, and others.
- Ability to mentor junior-level editors.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting common software and hardware issues.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the CoStar Group’s video content team, writers, producers, architectural photographers, and videographers to complete department goals.
- Process, categorize, and log footage, interviews, and stock-gathering content.
- Edit multiple interviews down to cohesive marketing pieces with b-roll storytelling.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of editing experience, preferably at an agency, brand, or cable network.
- Mastery of non-linear editing software (Primarily Adobe Suite, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition, but may also include Davinci Resolve and Final Cut Pro)
- Eye for consistent quality and attention to detail following style guides and brand guidelines.
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in working with standard and LOG footage from various codecs including h.264, MOV, B-raw, R3D REDCODE Raw, Canon Raw, and ProRes.
- Proficiency with color spaces (Wide Gamut, SDR, HDR, Rec709, and BT2020), LUTs, color correction, and grading using waveform, histograms, and vector scope data.
- Strong proficiency in working with voice-over files to clean and master audio files including equalizing and compressors.
- Proficiency in working with transcoding footage and proxy generation.
- Learn to edit content on brand and within style guidelines.
- Visual storytelling with and without spoken material.
- Archive video projects through various linear editing platforms according to department standards.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Consistent creative work year-round.
- Excellent trainings and opportunities.
- Innovative technology and a reputation for outstanding products.
- Consistent 20%+ average year-over-year growth.
- 95% customer renewal rate.
- The industry leader with an energetic and fast-paced dynamic culture.
- Excellent career growth opportunities.
- Exceptional benefit plan (dental, vision, medical, and prescription coverage) including an employee discounted stock purchase plan.
- 401k plan with company match.
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions, and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,900 worldwide.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands