CoStar is seeking a highly motivated Fraud Analyst to mitigate transaction and listing fraud across our Apartments network. Reporting to the Director of Online Services you will monitor a variety of payments (card and ACH) via real time queues and use your analytical ability to conduct a detailed investigation of high risk behaviors to identify unauthorized transactions and account activity. You may be required to communicate with our clients in cases where additional information is needed to make a decision. Additionally, team members are expected to collaborate cross functionally, surfacing anomalies and process improvements to internal and external operations teams, data analysts, and product representatives.
We're looking for candidates with a strong sense of curiosity that demonstrate initiative and a growth mindset, and have a strong aptitude for problem solving. All candidates should be flexible with their schedule. There may be a need to work non-traditional shifts and some holidays.
- Use in depth fraud knowledge to assess financial risk and legitimacy of transactions, accounts, and listings
- Monitor numerous queues, review high risk behavior, and make real time decisions
- Contact customers to verify information or activity
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements (SLAs) for timely resolution of queued cases to minimize potential losses
- Interact with other teams to develop fraud prevention strategy and process
- Understand our systems and tools; investigate account patterns through data analysis
- Deal with escalations from internal and external stakeholders in a professional and efficient manner
- Help to develop and implement departmental process improvements
- Reach out to and/or respond to customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Work under limited supervision
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years’ experience within risk, fraud, credit/underwriting, trust and safety, investigations, or related field
- Able to work and self-organize with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to interpret data and organize information
- Strong customer focus and the ability to balance fraud prevention with a positive customer experience
- Flexibility to adapt and manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong investigative ability using internet research and overall computer skills
- Experience using anti-fraud machine learning (Sift Science/Kount/Radar) and analytical reporting software (Tableau)
- Experience using Customer support software experience (e.g., Helpscout/Zendesk/ SalesForce)
- Knowledge of payments industry practices and rules (e.g., disputes processes, fraud types, and network rules) is a plus
- Leadership experience, formal or informal
- Experience writing SQL to query relational databases is a plus
- Experience in e-commerce, online payments, credit card processing, spam prevention, fraud screening, law enforcement, or online investigations also a plus
- High degree of professionalism, passion for helping others loves to solve stubborn problems and thorny mysteries
- Extremely detail oriented
- Accountability and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Contribute to the success of the team at large
- Independent thinker who is not afraid to suggest how the team can improve
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the Unitesd States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
Home of the world’s best books.