INTERNATIONAL SENIOR FINANCE DIRECTOR, LONDON
Innovation, a passion for excellence and providing our customers with exceptional value—these are the core values that drive us at CoStar Group. Throughout our history we have been the leaders in imagining and creating a platform that empowers commercial real estate professionals to excel, whether they are buying or selling a property, representing a tenant, leasing a space, valuing an asset, underwriting a loan or managing a diverse portfolio. We own brands such as Apartments.com, STR, LoopNet and many others.
Reporting directly to the global CFO the International Finance Director will serve as a strategic partner to the CoStar European Managing Director, the STR Global Managing Director and the regional senior leadership team.
As a member of the global finance leadership team and UK senior management team, The International Finance Director will contribute to the running of business operations outside of North America, with a particular focus on supporting and enabling investments to deliver significant top line growth. The International Finance Director will be a senior leader within the global Finance group, working closely with Finance functions in the US to streamline processes, ensuring process and technology alignment with the US and to play a leading role in helping the Finance Group achieve its mission.
The International Finance Director will work closely with business leaders in the UK, US, Europe, APAC, MEA and CSA covering 16 entities in 12 countries to understand performance and support operational decision-making aimed at accelerating growth in all of the International businesses.
They will lead a team focused on all aspects of the commercial operations of the business (sales growth, pricing, market and customer analysis), reporting and analysis for monthly financial results (budget and rolling monthly forecast), five-year plans, Board level analyses and other projects including acquisition analyses. As the primary liaison between finance and users of financial information (including senior management), this individual must be able to provide business leaders with strategic and tactical insight and be viewed by them as a value-added business partner. This is a hands-on role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to “roll up his or her sleeves,” and think and move quickly.
They will be the local finance lead on M&A activity, including due diligence, deal structures and contracts review. They will oversee and drive the post acquisition integration of new businesses into the CoStar finance structure.
- Plan, develop, lead and execute a world-class financial planning and strategy function for Costar.
- Lead financial planning process in region, including annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
- Partner with senior leadership teams throughout the organisation to provide value-added analyses and business insights, specifically:
- Providing sales support to the business development/sales function;
- Partnering with commercial team to provide revenue analytics and product support;
- Implementing metrics and analytics for sales growth and accountability
- Lead monthly financial and operational reviews with the senior leadership team in region and contribute to the global reviews.
- Finance lead on acquisitions and post-acquisition integration of companies on to CoStar global platform and service organisations.
- Oversee financial accounting for entities in all territories, ensuring compliance with local filing regulations for tax and financial statements.
- Prepare monthly financial package for the CFO, CoStar European Managing Director and STR Global Managing Director to highlight key insights on overall business performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on major company initiatives from the financial perspective, including but not limited to, business model evaluation, cost-saving opportunities, cost of quality analyses, vendor selection & negotiation, and operational efficiency.
- Lead with a keen eye toward organisational development, skill building and developing bench strength to support CoStar longer term.
- Drive an open, inclusive, value-based culture that promotes overall employee engagement.
- Chartered Accountant, Degree educated,
- Must be able to confidently challenge and influence senior management on their plans and actions within the wider leadership organisation up to CFO.
- Have the ability to achieve results by taking initiative, setting challenging / realistic goals and holding the business accountable to execution they will be target orientated and self-motivated with an ambition to always exceed targets and expectations.
- Demonstrable experience in building, developing and leading FP&A teams in a progressive, financially sophisticated, product-driven organisation.
- Detailed understanding of financial budgeting and forecasting concepts and modelling.
- Ability to employ complex analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information.
- Strong interpersonal, prioritisation, and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills.
- Investment analysis
- Experience as Finance lead on Acquisitions - due diligence and post-acquisition integration.
- A background and experience of working for a US head quartered business
- Knowledge of USGAAP preferable but not essential
- Experience of Oracle preferable but not essential
- Experience of Lean Six Sigma preferable but not essential
- Any languages – especially German, Spanish or French, desirable
- Experience in a technology forward organisation is strongly preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. As well as having an outstanding working environment based in our Southwark offices, other perks include full private medical cover and member rewards, 28 days annual leave, a competitive pension, season ticket loans, birthday lunches and much more:
- CoStar International is in the process of major business growth acceleration.
- CoStar global revenue $2 Billion per annum and still climbing with aggressive plans to drive the revenue
- Based in Central London, this is an opportunity to be part of a fast-changing and ambitious group which has already commenced its aggressive expansion plans, and you will be part of a dynamic senior leadership team for the UK.
- Large, significant player of scale in key technology markets and yet small enough to make a difference in your role.
- Be part of a growth journey/story.
- The incumbent of this role will have substantial responsibility, CoStar needs somebody who has gravitas and strives to achieve;
- Stepping stone into wider business – potential long term opportunities at C Suite or internationally.
- At CoStar, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds – men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
- However, we particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the commercial real estate industry.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.