COSTAR GROUP – OFF CAMPUS PARTNERS – SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CHARLOTTESVILLE
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment rental listing website, offering property, commuter, and neighborhood information for more than 1,000,000 available units nationwide. A CoStar Group subsidiary, the Apartments.com network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com. Reaching millions of renters worldwide, enabling both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters, Apartments.com is the fastest growing site within the residential rental industry.
We are searching for Web Developers to join our development team in the Charlottesville office. You will be responsible for supporting and implementing new products and features across our University Off Campus student housing sites and Apartments Network sites. These include high traffic sites like Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, and others. Universities select CoStar as their exclusive outsourcing partners, to extend their university website and promote the service to students, parents, and faculty/staff. You will work with a broad range of technologies and will be integral in driving our products to provide the best experience in the industry. We need someone that is a team motivator and driven to produce robust products in a fast-paced environment. Join us in supporting our mission.
- Designing, building, testing and deploying scalable, reusable and maintainable applications that handle large amounts of data.
- Taking full ownership of your work, from development and testing, to eventual deployment and support in production.
- Collaborating with other engineers, product owners, designers, and leadership.
- Becoming a trusted team member in matters of technical architecture, design and code.
- Advocating for evolution and improvement - both technical and non-technical - within our teams. Includes new tech, tools and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Expertise with software development best practices, including standards, code reviews, source control, builds, testing and operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Solid understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- Hands on experience with Source Control, such as Git or TFS
- Hands on experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Docker is a plus
- Experience with relational database systems such as SQL Server and experience with NoSQL (Elasticsearch, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledgeable with debugging tools including Chrome Debugger, Postman, Fiddler, Kibana etc.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Digital Strategist, Communications & Public Engagement
Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Stanford, CA