CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar’s independent research organization – the industry’s largest – with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
The Marketing Research team is the heart of CoStar, capturing market-critical information that enables our commercial real estate clients to make informed, high impact business decisions daily. CoStar Group contributes to the most important segment of our economy, helping businesses open offices, retail stores, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. Costar Group is seeking a Tenant Manager to join our growing research organization.
As a CoStar Tenant Manager, you will be leading a team of Researchers who are responsible for investigating and profiling companies to help owners, brokers and real estate professionals identify which companies are best suited for their buildings. CoStar Group’s research contributes to the most important segment of our economy, helping businesses open offices, stores, and warehouse and manufacturing facilities. Every day our research is helping our clients make informed investment decisions. Because of the impact our research has on the economy, CoStar Group’s benefits and salaries lead the industry.
- Lead a team of Associate Tenant Researchers in the process of investigating, profiling and capturing data associated with the CoStar Tenant product
- Foster a strong team culture and dynamic and provide regular coaching to the development of the team
- Coordinate and manage the workload and activity of team members to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and performance is achieved
- Ensure each Associate Tenant Researcher is maintaining a daily standard of phone interviews to Commercial Tenants for verification and data collection
- Coach and train to ensure successful telephone interaction, objection handling, effective questioning, listening, probing and building rapport
- Conduct regular call evaluations, coaching and training
- Share knowledge, best practice and solutions to ensure the continuous improvement and professional development of team members
- Manage the adoption of resources to ensure all possible data sources are researched and the best method of contact is achieved, ensuring information is captured, input, and published in a timely manner and to the highest quality standards
- Conducts regular intensive review of the product, to ensure delivery of high-quality data
- Respond to client feedback, ensuring the timely resolution of issues resulting in minimal brand impact and the highest standard of customer service
- Identify opportunities to work with sales colleagues in revenue generation and/or protection
- Establish and maintain an excellent understanding of the CoStar Tenant product and be able to demonstrate the value of this product and CoStar research methodology at client meetings and events, and act as an ambassador for CoStar Tenant Research to both internal and external customers
- Contribute to the vision of being a ‘center of excellence’ and ‘employer of choice’ through trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
External applicants are expected to have the following education/experience combination:
- Bachelors’ degree required coupled with 2+ years previous experience leading a team of 6 or more individuals
- 2+ years of experience in a professional, corporate environment. Preferably within CRE, Financial Services, or other related field
- 1+ years of Microsoft Office Experience
- Microsoft Excel 2016 experience is required
- Flexibility to work shifts aligned with the PT time zone (11am-8pm)
Internal applicants are expected to have the following education/experience combination:
- Bachelors’ degree required coupled with 2+ years Commercial Real Estate experience
- Currently a Senior or Principal Researcher
- Good standing with Corrective Action
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in the commercial real estate industry
- Experience with creating effective KPIs and meeting performance metrics, being results-oriented
- Leadership and management skills, including the ability to prioritize and control workload of a team, coaching, and mentoring on professional development
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Success in building strong, cohesive teams by leading and motivating towards action/execution through influence and collaboration
- Ability to articulate and execute corporate strategy, well-communicated with the ability to influence
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with Excel that includes the ability to manipulate data, filter, and develop basic formulas. All qualified candidates will be given an assessment to determine their knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2016
- Creative problem solving, attention to detail, objectivity, and the ability to think strategically
- Analytical approach with the ability to interpret information and trends, adapting quickly
- Ability to interact at all levels and establish rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace.
Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you will enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you will be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent)
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands