CoStar Group is the world’s leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are a NASDAQ listed company with a market cap of over US$30B and sits alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Apple.
As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors and government agencies.
We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune’s fastest growing companies (2018).
The Research team is the heart of CoStar, capturing market-critical information that enables our commercial real estate clients to make informed, high impact business decisions daily. CoStar Group’s research contributes to the most important segment of our economy, helping businesses open offices, retail stores, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. CoStar Group is seeking a Field Photographer to join our growing research organization.
As a CoStar Field Photographer, you will be at the foundation to the company’s media and data collection efforts and play an integral part of our Marketing Research ecosystem. The collection of accurate and timely data and professional photography are essential to CoStar Group customers and the goals we are eager to meet. Use your invention, imagination, creative expertise and talent to produce original professional quality photography and video on assigned commercial properties.
- Support our customer’s marketing efforts on our industry-leading marketplaces by capturing beautiful exterior and interior photography, 3-D virtual tours, and videography of their properties
- Use Photoshop, Lightroom, and non-linear editing tools (Premiere, Final Cut Pro X) to edit captured media
- Own the market! Navigate one-mile square grids to ensure complete coverage and that all critical database fields are collected and properties photographed
- With the company vehicle as your office, identify among dozens of key data points such as new inventory, “for lease” and “for sale” availabilities, commercial building occupancy, and more
- Leverage optimized field research mobile and web software as you explore buildings inside and out
- Professionally communicate with customers, sales, Marketing Research partners, and management to strategically evaluate priorities, initiatives, and tasks
- Abide by CoStar safety standards
- Maintain company vehicle and equipment
- Represent the Company at occasional trade functions, conferences, and events
- High School Diploma required
- 1+ year experience with digital photography using DSLR or Mirrorless camera
- 1+ year experience with image post-processing tools including Photoshop and/or Lightroom
- 1+ year video post-processing experience with tools such as Premiere, Final Cut Pro X
- Architectural and/or Real Estate photography and videography experience
- Candidates are required to submit portfolio of work supporting above listed experience
- A current and valid driver’s license (or the ability to obtain a driver’s license prior to start date) is required
- Satisfactory completion of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check prior to start. Driving history must reflect responsible driving behavior and compliance with traffic laws
- Ability to pass FAA Part 107 certification to commercial fly drones in first three months of employment (fees paid by Company). Willing and able to participate in three-day drone training in Atlanta, GA
- Repetitive and frequent standing, seeing, sitting, walking, and driving up to eight hours per day
- Holding five pounds in one hand for five minutes (photography and videography)
- Repetitive hand and arm movements needed to type and write
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, lifting, twisting and carrying are necessary to perform job functions
- Must be able to work on computer and or mobile devices from vehicle throughout work day
- Will be exposed to both vehicle noise and possible car exhaust
- Ability to conduct job duties outside in various weather conditions each day
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience functioning autonomously in the field while achieving key performance and quality indicators
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, as well as organizational skills
- Drone flight experience
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Company vehicle provided for business use
- Company-paid and insured photography kit including computer, camera, lenses, tripod, drone, and more
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CAREER WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
CoStar Group seeks information for job applications from candidates in Canada through only the following channels:
- The CoStar Group website
- Via email to/from addresses using only the CoStar domain of “@costar.com”
- Screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams or Zoom platforms
Be aware that:
- CoStar does not use Wire, Google Hangouts, or any other platform for any recruitment related activities
- Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with CoStar via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain
- CoStar will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Field Research Photographer (M/W/D) - Cologne-Bonn
CoStar Group, Not Home-based (Field) - Cologne–Bonn