CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
Joining the Employee Relations team at CoStar Group, you will contribute to the creation of a highly successful, fast paced, growth oriented, global organization. Our people vision and strategy are aligned with CoStar Group’s overall business objectives, and at its core is centered on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent in the communities that we operate within.
CoStar Group is seeking an Employee Relations Attorney to serve as a subject matter expert by responding to and evaluating employee matters while also promoting a positive employee experience. Reporting to the Vice President of Employee Relations and Talent Management, this individual must serve as an objective partner and advisor to HR, employees, and leaders at CoStar Group.
- Lead investigations into employee concerns by establishing an investigation plan, conducting interviews, and working in partnership with HR leadership and the Employment Law Group to recommend resolutions
- Consult with people leaders and employees to provide trusted guidance and thought leadership on complex and confidential employee matters to maintain positive and effective relationships throughout the company
- Ensure equitable and consistent treatment of employees
- Conduct research and benchmark on policy development and provide policy interpretation
- Actively collaborate to drive business outcomes and organizational effectiveness
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business and HR, from a strategic business perspective as well as by being an employee relations expert
- Write and/or edit documentation in a fair, concise, clear, and inclusive manner
- Prepare and maintain appropriate investigation documentation
- Develop ER metrics and analyze data to assess where action can be taken to mitigate company risk; present data and make recommendations to HR Leadership Team and business leaders with thoughtful solutions
- Create employee relations programs and processes to drive positive change
- Stay current with applicable Human Resources-related laws, rules, and regulations
- Develop and deliver training to employees at all levels within the organization
- Will perform other duties as assigned or needed
- A Juris Doctor degree with a specialization in labor and employment
- 6 or more years of legal experience managing and resolving employee relations matters
- Proven expertise working on employee relations issues that may involve complex situations; identifying the nature and scope management-employee relations concerns, corrective actions, performance management, and related employee matters; and ensuring issues are properly handled and resolved
- Evidence of independently developing the strategy and tactics to address employee relations matters, prioritizing tasks, proposing actions, and documenting the course of action taken
- Demonstrated ability to advice leaders with establishing and maintaining employer/employee relations that contribute to improved productivity, performance, and engagement
- Must have significant experience leading and conducting fact-finding investigations
- Deliver courageous and constructive feedback with the confidence; offer new and potentially complicated perspective to further dialogue and critical thinking, and the ability to communicate in a way that helps others understand multiple points of view
- Proven track record that demonstrates the ability to carry out multiple, diverse assignments within timelines while working independently and as a team
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to creatively respond to changing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond quickly, adjust to competing priorities, and comfortable operating through risk and uncertainty in a high-volume work environment
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal/influencing skills, including the ability to build trusted advisor relationships
- Must be able to establish credibility, build rapport, and create trust
- Evidence of experience with developing training content, as well as the ability to facilitate and deliver learning objectives
- Capable of combining analytical reasoning, creativity, and judgement to problems in a timely manner
- Comfortable designing for the future while also executing on day to day HR matters
What’s in it for you?
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
About CoStar Group
CoStar Group is the leading provider of online real estate marketplaces, information, and analytics in the commercial and residential property markets.
Want to learn more about CoStar Group? Visit CoStar Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands